Technique goals for 2007?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To all of you wanting to get those trim/bouyancy skills down, even safty stop hovering. Heck even kicking drills.

Nothing works better than a 6ft deep pool and never touching bottom or breaking surface.

And if it's using your hands wear a pair of shorts with pockets, don't take them out unless your doing a skill. Mask clearing, sharing air BC trim and such.

gomi_otaku:
How to get all my gear out of the house and into the van without my wife noticing.

please tell me how if you managed to succeed :51:

deepblueme:
To all of you wanting to get those trim/bouyancy skills down, even safty stop hovering. Heck even kicking drills.

Nothing works better than a 6ft deep pool and never touching bottom or breaking surface.

And if it's using your hands wear a pair of shorts with pockets, don't take them out unless your doing a skill. Mask clearing, sharing air BC trim and such.

I have more hours in a pools then I care to count. It's easy to hover when you can see the bottom below you or fix yourself a point on the wall. It's a total different story when you have no reference point to watch while you are hovering.

maged_mmh:
please tell me how if you managed to succeed :51:

Leave it in the car in the first place. :) Then you don't have to worry about moving gear around.

Getting proper trim and buoyancy with doubles and a drysuit
Proper kicks
Improve nav skills
Macro skills with my Canon 20D

But what will I do after June? :)

Mike

No visual reference eh.....
Wrist mounted depth gauge maybe????

Aquire more experience(Know more of a goal than skill).
Dive Lake Michigan
Dive Bonaire

Bouyancy goal is to get within a 1ft window for all skills and stops.

Finning technique goal is to refine my backward kick and helicopter turns so that I can use them better in currents

Aloha, Tim

dsteding:
Back kick.

Yup. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom