Top 9 dives ... agree or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a "Chevy vs Ford" debate.... Top 9 for someone ... I was at Truk LAgoon in April and then Palau.... Those are in my top 9

Last edited:
LOL---------IMO(& basically it's the only one that counts, in my book) he/she or it missed a couple........

Only one dive site from the Coral Triangle?

This list is a joke, and is probably compiled by a low level editorial intern who hasn't been diving in many places, and just wanted to name a bunch of exotic sounding locations.

It's a bit of a joke... just pulled from a hat.

If talking wrecks, then Truk has some far superior examples. Or Scapa Flow, UK...or Subic Bay or Coron, Philippines...

Reefs? Sipidan or Tubbataha (a UNESCO World Heritage site) far exceed the Maldives (I've dived South Ari Atoll.... meh...)

Macro? Indonesia sweeps the board.

Pelagics? Malapascua, Philippines deserves to be there...

What about the Red Sea?

Disagree! (and i did not even look at the list).

My next dive is my top #1 dive. The dive after that is #2....

IMHO too many people build up expectations and look for "something special" on specific dive sites. If the special does not happen, then the site sucks. End of story. They fail to see the dozen other "specials". We were guaranteed Manta Rays and these stupid whale sharks where in my face all dive. Not a single manta ray to be seen. THIS SITE SUCKS!

Every time I dive a site it is different (I have heard from experts that the fish do swim around a bit....). I dive for the creatures. Not the wrecks. not the formations.

I can do the same dive 3 times a day and it is special every time....

None of them are on my "bucket list" although old friend Dr. Richard Murphy (former V.P. of The Cousteau Society) enjoyed the one in Iceland.

Does this replace the Top Dive Sites 2013 List or is it an addendum to the monthly "Must Dive" advertorials?

Disagree! (and i did not even look at the list).

My next dive is my top #1 dive. The dive after that is #2....

IMHO too many people build up expectations and look for "something special" on specific dive sites. If the special does not happen, then the site sucks. End of story. They fail to see the dozen other "specials". We were guaranteed Manta Rays and these stupid whale sharks where in my face all dive. Not a single manta ray to be seen. THIS SITE SUCKS!

Every time I dive a site it is different (I have heard from experts that the fish do swim around a bit....). I dive for the creatures. Not the wrecks. not the formations.

I can do the same dive 3 times a day and it is special every time....

Awesome outlook and it will save me a ton of money I've been spending going to all these exotic locations. I will cancel my trip to Fiji and just dive in a mud puddle in my back yard from now on.

I've found that some sites that would NEVER get a top rating from others have been among my most interesting dives. I think of a few dive sites that were literally trashed ecologically. As a marine biologist, they made me think a lot about what the causes were... over-fishing of predatory or herbivorous fish, nutrient enrichment from land-based agriculture, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom