Top three reasons to do your local diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not all our local diving is quite like Togalive's, but some are. Definitely know where he's coming from.
Top 3 reasons would have to be:
Plenty of underwater critters.
Close proximity to my house.
It's all there is.
Some of you folks are just blessed.:)

1. Kelp Forest Diving
2. Amazing Diving Community at UCSC
3. Monterey gives great training and prep for those "rough" tropical dives. IE. 2 foot seas, rain, 20ft viz, and moderate current.
Minus the current, I felt at home and didn't complain one bit. =]

1. It gets me to dive often and regularly
2. diversity of diving (deep and cold quarry accommodating divers in training to technical divers and current/limited vis/warmer water in St-Lawrence River)
3. wrecks, submerged structures (Powerhouse, Locks system) and marine life (bass, pike, walleye eel, carp, sheepheads, etc)

Top three reasons ...

1. Accessibility - I live five minutes from one of my favorite dive sites, and it's available year-round ...

SnowPics0036.jpg

2. Critters - from Giant Pacific Octopus to nudibranchs to some of the goofiest looking fish on the planet ... after more than 2000 dives here I'm still finding things I've never seen before ...

CIMG9637.jpg

3. Friends - Almost my entire social circle involves divers ...

nwdcbrochure1.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

1 - lots of wrecks

2 - lots of sharks

3 - often very warm & clear & almost tropical

Central Ohio? I can't think of any.

Local diving? .... huh?????? :confused:

Reactions: Jax
Three reasons spring to mind:
1. No TSA Twits to deal with
2. No getting screwed for baggage fees
3. No missing connections due to foolish flight schedules

Our local diving is in murky reservoirs and crystal clear mountain lakes that are very cold. The reason to dive them? It's what we have. Also, they are good training locations- when diving you have t know how to use a compass, and altitude tables. I feel very strongly that all divers should be active divers, and in between our 2 or three trips to the ocean each year, active means local. For those of you who live where the water is 70 plus, and there is actually stuff to see, count your blessings!
DivemasterDennis

1. Lots of practice in calm, but often cold and low vis water, especially for new classes
2. Lots of history in sunken towns
3. Cheaper and always familiar faces to dive with

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom