Top three reasons to do your local diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the St. Lawrence, but just moved so it is still all new to me

1) The Current - never realized how much I love drift dives. Lie back and go where the water takes you

2) The Freighters - though they scare the crap out of me, what a rush when you are underwater and they go by. Nothing beats that boom/thud/boom that goes right through you

3) The People - like I said I am still new to the area, and the people I dive with are amazing and feel right at home! From 13 to 71 in age I have seen, and they love everybody. All levels of experience are welcomed, and everyone takes the time to help each other out and share knowledge. Wouldn't be the same without them

Yeah, but you also got sticks. :wink:

Only one site has sticks, Brother. And I have learned to avoid them. :D

My local diving is at a place where people travel to dive, but it's still my local diving, and I don't get tired of it.
1. Color--lots of soft corals from the bush type to huge gorgonia, nudibranchs, and reef fish.
2. Variety--we've got fringing reefs, submerged pinnacles, truly vertical walls, and small wrecks.
3. Great customer service--operators offer transfers free of charge, there's breakfast and a hot cooked lunch buffet on the boat every day (and sometimes supper), and the boat crews do everything they can to be helpful, including changing out tanks if they can't get the hot fills done in time for the next dive.

1: Local diving means more diving. 90+% of my dives have been cold water.
2: Sharks! Oh wait they are Great Whites and eat people. Our fish can be large, vibrant in color, and abundant.
3: Every experience going diving reveals something. My first sighting of a mountain lion was on the way home after diving. We often see otters, harbor seals, sea lions, whales, BASKING SHARK last weekend, and beautiful scenery both on and off the water. Any day on a boat or near the water is a good day!
Basking Shark.jpgEgg Yolk Jelly.jpgSea lion vs mola mola.jpg

- Warm Water
- Cheaper
- Better than going to the office

Here in the Denver metro area, our top three reasons to dive locally are....

1. Sunken toilet at Chatfield. Enough said

2. With only about 35 feet maximum (less later in the year) at Aurora Reservoir and 21 feet at Chatfield, your gas lasts forever and saves you a lot of money.

2. By the time you have fully explored the sunken Cessna at Aurora enough times, you can do it blindfolded, which is not much different from doing it with your eyes open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom