Update on Brac Beach and Cobalt Coast Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was at DEMA they said they had no plans to rename Cobalt Coast to something else.

Definitely keeping the Cobalt Coast name, here is their new logo:

CobaltCoastLogo.jpg

[h=5]Today is the first day of the new ownership at Cobalt Coast and here is their facebook post:

Cobalt Coast Dive Resort
[/h]
We're happy to announce our new partnership with JEM Holdings Ltd. and Reef Divers Valet Diving!

Guests will continue to experience the same oceanfront lodging and full service restaurant and bar with breathtaking patio dining, but with our one-of-a-kind valet diving. Let our experienced Reef Divers staff handle the lifting, lugging and loading of all dive gear, so you’ll carry nothing but memories.

On this page, you'll get the best of Grand Cayman diving, special offers, underwater photography and resort activities.

Looks like Cobalt Coast is redoing the boat diving sections of their website, look forward to see what they offer

Divetech's website seems fully up to date, multiple accommodations, 2 tank afternoon trips, multiple "signature" dives, shore diving at Lighthouse Point

Here's a pic of Reef Divers Staff at Cobalt Coast.

RD_Cobalt.jpg

The review of Cayman Brac Beach Resort below was posted 2 days ago on Trip Advisor and indicates that the renovations are far from finished even though the resort is open and guests are arriving with the expectation that all the construction has been completed. I hope they are giving them some kind of compensation. I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy vacationing in a job site!

“Great dive resort”
x.gif
Reviewed 2 days ago
Took a solo dive trip for 5 days and loved my time at this resort. First and foremost, Reef Divers, the dive shop attached to the resort, is beyond a 5 out of 5. Incredible dive operation. See my review on their page for full details.

The resort is completely secluded, which is what I wanted, with a fantastic beach. Perfect hammocks set up to take in the sunset while sipping a drink after a long day of diving. The service was spectacular with the staff handling anything that you needed. Food each day was very tasty, and the drinks were strong and plentiful.

Only drawback that kept this from getting a 5/5 was the construction. The entire place has been renovated, which is great. However, the pool, hot tub, new bar, and many of the rooms were in a state of disarray as it was still all uncompleted. No biggy for me as I was there to only dive and spend time in the hammock. Once you got to the hammocks and beach you couldn't hear the construction noise (and there was a lot of it). But I know some guests weren't there to only dive and had been informed that the construction was all complete. Was a bit of a shock. That said, once the construction is complete, the place is going to be stellar.

Would definitely stay here again if I make it back to the Caymans to dive. Thanks for a fantastic diving trip!

• Stayed December 2015, traveled solo

Great dive resort - Review of Cayman Brac Beach Resort, Cayman Brac, Cayman Islands - TripAdvisor

This photo of the new pool at Cayman Brac Beach Resort was posted on their facebook site. It sure looks beautiful!

SunsetPoolCBBR.jpg

...I think the Cobalt Coast name is much nicer and more representative, and unique. "Grand Cayman Beach Resort" may suit someones need for symmetry but is a really boring name.

When I was at DEMA they said they had no plans to rename Cobalt Coast to something else.

I received a notification from Facebook on December 23 that the "Cobalt Coast Dive Resort" page has changed its name to "Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort".

I seem to have missed my invitation to the grand reopening and review week. I hope to make it back to Grand Cayman soon and will think about checking the new place out.

Here's another photo from Facebook showing the renovations at Cayman Brac Beach Resort, it really looks lovely! This pic may have been taken from the upper floor of the new multi-level bar, I am not sure.

CBBR_pool.jpg

Cayman Brac Beach Resort is offering a Grand Re-opening special for $1425. It only includes 2 dives per day but I am sure that you could upgrade to add-on the 3rd dive per day at an extra charge. You must book by January 26 but you can travel through mid-December.

Cayman Brac Beach Resort

Grand Re-Opening Special!
Dive & Resort Package Deal Only $1425*

Must Call to Book: 855.488.6855
Offer includes 7 nights accommodations, meal plan, 12 boat dives with our unique valet diving service, airport ground transfers plus welcome gift for guests.

*Must mention this offer to receive discount. Hotel taxes & fees included. Rate is capacity controlled. Rate reflects beach view room. Valid for travel through 12/17/ 2016. Must book by 1/26/16.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom