Warm water diving and gloves??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't wear gloves in warm water. Although there are times that I wished I had, especially when grabbing on to a mooring line. Might start carrying one in a pocket if I had a pocket.

we live in hawaii and I always wear gloves. I wear a 5mm suit because I get cold fast so I wear them to keep my hands warm. I used them in Cozumel also. I don't have a problem with my hands getting to hot seeing as how they are always freezing (just like my feet). Maybe I just have a circulation problem?!?
Melissa

Unless forbidden I wear gloves...
Specially on wreckdives...
Gloves don´t bother me and keep my hands from getting torn up, I see no reason not to wear them, tropical or not...

Don't wear them in warm water diving and don't feel the need.

Add the Cayman Islands to the destinations where gloves are not permitted. It's written in the Marine Law. And please don't take it out on the boat crew when we let you know. That's shooting the messenger.

Drew Sailbum:
Don't wear them in warm water diving and don't feel the need.

Add the Cayman Islands to the destinations where gloves are not permitted. It's written in the Marine Law. And please don't take it out on the boat crew when we let you know. That's shooting the messenger.

I understand the reasoning for not wanting divers to wear gloves but what if your hands get cold or you grab a sharp object etc..?? I see both sides.

I have a pair of "reef" gloves along with my 5mm SeaSoft ones, I wear them when the water temp is not too cold that I need the 5mil ones, It's nice to be able "feel" my equipment for a change.
Can't see whats wrong with donning them for the ascent if going up a line or ladder, even if your not supposed to wear them on the dive

DB

I use gloves wherever I'm allowed to in the tropics. I like the extra protection from wrecks and descent lines that may have sharp things on them.

robbcayman:
I understand the reasoning for not wanting divers to wear gloves but what if your hands get cold or you grab a sharp object etc..?? I see both sides.

You get mittens? :wink:

I can just see the scene now... "But your honor, they're not gloves, they're mittens!"

Im a glove user. hands get torn up on ascent and decent lines.

Back
Top Bottom