What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When exactly are you getting to the bad part....? :confused:

Ice machines fail due to power outage and you will have to drink your tequila straight up. I could live with that.

This one has changed rapidly in the last day or two. It looked like it might make TD and head for Cuba, but you just never know about these things. I flew to Coz in spite of H.Dean headed that way once, expecting it to veer off, then wished I hadn't. It did finally veer off after I left, but too close for comfort and my trip ruined.

Good Trip Insurance always helps, but even if you don't have it - airlines, hotels, and Ops will work with you if you want to postpone your trip and can. I don't know how soon the airlines will start offering free changes, but that should happen soon. I would not want to be arriving on Coz or the mainland this week. Looks like the expected norther will turn it after it passes Coz! Everything is subject to change tho and this map should auto update...

at201118_5day.gif

The computers can't agree. 2 show it heading for Belize, 1 for a loop around...

at201118_model_zoom.gif

The computer models are showing two tracks hitting us. (Belize) I wish it would just start moving. There's a lot of warm water out there to rev its engine with.

Damn, you're fast Don. Yeah, THOSE computer models. I keep telling myself that Richard's eye missed my house by a half mile or so.....Harvey followed the same path...it can't happen three times in a year....or can it?

Damn! They're projecting it to slingshot right around the island and up the channel.

Here's to hoping it takes the GFS track... that's the loop-de-loo then fizzle out, red one.

UPDATE: Just blew up......CAT 3 by Cozumel on THURSDAY............Get ready........
Weather channel just showed on satellite the convection exploded and the hurricane hunter aircraft sent said it was Cat 1 and increasing.

Why is it that as I read the progession of your posts, there seems to be an underlying layer of snide and sneer? Like you're trying to scare people, without seeming that you are... like you pretend to be a fan of Cozumel, but it's actually the opposite (it's like you want the H to hit us), and I don't mean just this thread either....

Maybe I'm wrong... but I may be right.... :idk:

Damn! They're projecting it to slingshot right around the island and up the channel.

Here's to hoping it takes the GFS track... that's the loop-de-loo then fizzle out, red one.
The red one doesn't fizzle. The track just goes thru Monday, but that doesn't mean it dies then. Most of the models do reflect the norther expected thru here Tuesday night, there Friday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom