What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weatherundergound is only giving Coz 60% chance of rain. Less than my house. With the norther pushing, it may not even land there.

We would love to have even a 50% chance of rain here in the Houston area! With this front coming in, we may get a little later this afternoon or tonight.

Right now, every little bit helps.

We'll be seeing Coz in just a few weeks, and we're really lookin' forward to it. Those of yall heading back sooner, please save some margaritas for us.

Jax, you sound like the sort of folks who are going to enjoy your vacation, whatever happens. Have a wonderful time while you're here. If it gets really bad, let me know and I'll bring the Scrabble game and gin over. :)

kari

And I'll bring backgammon and MX Monopoly! haha!

The wind has picked up and it is pouring down rain - but just like any regular norte - I guess the winds will pick up as it gets closer - but the rain is definitely coming down. We just had a feast - very similar to Thanksgiving with green bean casserole, baked chicken, boiled shrimp and many other things! Time to start some movies and listen to the rain! Looks like it has slowed down so we have a very rainy night ahead of us!

The wind has picked up and it is pouring down rain - but just like any regular norte - I guess the winds will pick up as it gets closer - but the rain is definitely coming down. We just had a feast - very similar to Thanksgiving with green bean casserole, baked chicken, boiled shrimp and many other things! Time to start some movies and listen to the rain! Looks like it has slowed down so we have a very rainy night ahead of us!

Boiled shrimp for Thanksgiving!?!? I need to put on the Thanksgiving like that! Hope you have plenty of adult beverages to wash it all down? Thanks for the update... here's now hoping it doesn't rain too much. Too bad Tejas can't benefit from some of that excess precipitation! :(

It's looking like it's going to be a rough ride the next 5-6 hours but the center of the storm will latitudinally pass just north of Cozumel around midnight. Stay dry Christi!

We would love to have even a 50% chance of rain here in the Houston area! With this front coming in, we may get a little later this afternoon or tonight.

Right now, every little bit helps.
Good luck with that. It has passed Austin already and we got nary a drap o' the wet stuff.

And I'll bring backgammon and MX Monopoly! haha!

That would be awesome... most of my friends won't play monopoly with me anymore. I also have pictionary and dominoes!

For those who like better weather to dive in they may want to reschedule.....YMMV
Also needing a canoe to bar hop or go to a restaurant is not my idea of fun....again YMMV :D
You know, I've been there. Many years ago when I was on Cozumel a tropical depression moved in and rained on us for a solid week. It was before I was a diver, but we fished in the rain, walked to town in the rain, ate in the rain, drank beer in the rain, slept in the rain, etc., etc., etc... I could have left early and come back to my job, but I didn't; I managed to have a great time in spite of the rain. A rainy day on Cozumel beats the crap out of a sunny day at work every time.

OF course, as you say, YMMV, but a little or even a lot of rain doesn't bother me. Here in Austin we'd love to have it.

BTW, CrownWeather now predicts a maximum wind velocity of 39 mph from Rina. They get worse than that from the little squalls that pop up around there all the time.

One of the best times we had in Cozumel was a couple of years ago in April during 3 days of very heavy rain. We all put our bathing suits on, I grabbed my underwater camera and we hopped in the open top jeep and drove around snapping pictures of tremendous rains and rivers running all around town. We had a blast, we stopped at Wet Wendys and we were the only ones there. The diving was still great and it probably still ranks as our best trip even though it rained 9 of the 11 days.
I am glad to hear this hurricane is turning into more of an inconvenience than anything. :D
Don I am relishing the fact Texas is getting snow before Chicago, I have family in Amarillo that are all whining right now!:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom