What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is the eye going to go directly over coz???
how far away is the eye,if it still has one ??

Doug try stormpulse.com and type in rina......it shows it right up the channel again....that north wind is just kicking the crap out of this storm but it is gonna rain alot.

6:30pm update

Non-stop heavy rain since my last update and the sky is a very strange yellow right now. Winds have picked up, but not crazy. My upstairs guest bedroom has about an inch of water - not sure of the source yet! It is attached to the terrace, so I am guessing that the drain on the terrace is blocked with something.

Some parts of the island have lost power - so I hope the entire island doesn't lose power - BTW - my generator is not working!

Blackberry is charged - will post updates on facebook if I can and can't post here!
https://www.facebook.com/BlueXTSeaDivers

BTW - my generator is not working!
:shocked2: That sucks. I thought you just sent the generator to the mechanic? Damn.

not much wind but lots of rain in the last few hours. estimate over 6 inches, no desire to check rain gauge. not much wind high mid 20's. hopefully the worst of the rain is passing to the north since the radar out of cancun shows that Radares

Americam Airlines has cancelled our Friday flight (DAL - CZM) and have rebooked us for Saturday. However our friends from Canada, who were also scheduled to arrive Friday with Delta via Atlanta have not had there flight cancelled yet.
We extended our trip by a day with no change fee with AA.
Our Dive op has emailed us several times yesterday and today telling us that he is ready to go diving.

You guys hunker down and stay safe !

:storm:

not much wind but lots of rain in the last few hours. estimate over 6 inches, no desire to check rain gauge. not much wind high mid 20's. hopefully the worst of the rain is passing to the north since the radar out of cancun shows that Radares

6:30pm update

Non-stop heavy rain since my last update and the sky is a very strange yellow right now. Winds have picked up, but not crazy. My upstairs guest bedroom has about an inch of water - not sure of the source yet! It is attached to the terrace, so I am guessing that the drain on the terrace is blocked with something.

Some parts of the island have lost power - so I hope the entire island doesn't lose power - BTW - my generator is not working!

Blackberry is charged - will post updates on facebook if I can and can't post here!

The wind has picked up and it is pouring down rain - but just like any regular norte - I guess the winds will pick up as it gets closer - but the rain is definitely coming down. We just had a feast - very similar to Thanksgiving with green bean casserole, baked chicken, boiled shrimp and many other things! Time to start some movies and listen to the rain! Looks like it has slowed down so we have a very rainy night ahead of us!

3576_picture_of_a_photographer_ready_to_take_a_picture.jpg

We want pictures, please

there's a pretty good chance we won't be diving tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom