What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Judging by this shot taken this morning at Scuba Club Cozumel, everything will resume. :cheers::banana: I'm sure Christi and Antonio will be hard at work getting boats back in the water but hopefully they'll update us soon.

SCCCAM.JPG

Nice little write of the details at 2:25 AM by Charles over on Cozumel My Cozumel. 10 inches of rain and only really stormy for ~90 minutes.... not too bad.

Reactions: Jax
View attachment 106787

This looks good :cool: Heading to Coz on Sunday--we were sweating. Will flights resume today do we think?

Nice, but that is not Cozumel.

We had a hairy few hours with some very heavy rain, some really healthy winds, we lost electricity for about 3 - 4 hours, and we had a lot of water in two of the upstairs bedrooms. For a moment, I had some Wilma flashbacks - but of course this was NOTHING like Wilma! The rain stopped about 2am. The only casualty besides a few hours of no electricity and mopping up water was my Vonage box - it is fried! So, unfortunately, I won't have an 800 number or a US line until I can get a new Vonage box. I am not sure if messages can still be left and retrieved - but I'll figure that out at some point today. In the meantime, e-mail vs. calling is the only way to reach me!

The port will be closed today, but we assume it will be open tomorrow. Today we will be busy putting everything back together so we can work again as soon as the Harbor Master gives us the green light.

I am told power has been restored everywhere that lost power last night and there was no damage to speak of on the island, but there is high water in certain areas.

The airport is open and will resume normal flights and operations today.

Current conditions are calm and cloudy but not raining.

If you have a trip scheduled come on down!!! We'll be ready for you tomorrow!

The airport is open and will resume normal flights and operations today.

Could you slip over to the airport and count the number of people CUT OFF? I'll split my winnings with you. Should we tell Mr. Frowney to leave the money at Love Cafe for us? I like those sunset views. (Those haven't been CUT OFF, have they?)

I heard 3 tourist ended up at the Ebeneezer(sp) shelter. (Rumor has it there were two Americans who heard they had 2 for 1 specials on hurricane drinks and 1 Chilean who was looking for a bathroom.....) (Ok, I made up everything but the number and nationality....)

As soon as I get the mail and collect the unused tickets that people have sent, I'll be down.....

Seriously thanks for the reality update!

Judging by this shot taken this morning at Scuba Club Cozumel, everything will resume. :cheers::banana: I'm sure Christi and Antonio will be hard at work getting boats back in the water but hopefully they'll update us soon.

SCCCAM.JPG

Looks like the pools going to be open shortly

youth_cannonball-150x122.jpg

Good news: Isla Mujeres is no longer CUT OFF. Ultramar posted: ROUTE TO CONFIRM Cancun-Isla Mujeres AT 10:00 AM Friday 28.

Darn . . . we could have kept our original reservations. :(

C'est la vie. At least there will be lots of fresh water in the pools! :D

Could you slip over to the airport and count the number of people CUT OFF? I'll split my winnings with you. Should we tell Mr. Frowney to leave the money at Love Cafe for us? I like those sunset views. (Those haven't been CUT OFF, have they?)

I heard 3 tourist ended up at the Ebeneezer(sp) shelter. (Rumor has it there were two Americans who heard they had 2 for 1 specials on hurricane drinks and 1 Chilean who was looking for a bathroom.....) (Ok, I made up everything but the number and nationality....)

As soon as I get the mail and collect the unused tickets that people have sent, I'll be down.....

Seriously thanks for the reality update!

cv .... you just kill me!!! I might almost consider buying you a drink if we ever do meet up ...
(and you don't still owe me for the December thread! LOL!!)

Here's a pix from an island friend of the rain last night ....

Rina.jpg

Nice, but that is not Cozumel.

Oh thank goodness. I was looking at that trying to figure out where/what angle etc. it had been shot because I couldn't recognize anything. The two bodies of water especially! :blinking:

Christi, you should still be able to receive messages (just not onto a phone) and you can listen to them online... I use vonage too, but unplugged everything last night. Lucky!

Back
Top Bottom