What brand would you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$1979.87 is the total for everything listed above minus the OC1 computer

if your looking to spend + or - $2000 then this is the way to go

That's very interesting; I know many divers who have been teaching diving longer than you have been alive that would not suggest the op buy even one of your choices even if they had $2000 to spend on a new set of gear. For a good number of us yours is not "the way to go."

Why is it so hard for you to grasp the concept of using a less absolute typing style?

That's very interesting; I know many divers who have been teaching diving longer than you have been alive that would not suggest the op buy even one of your choices even if they had $2000 to spend on a new set of gear. For a good number of us yours is not "the way to go."

Why is it so hard for you to grasp the concept of using a less absolute typing style?

It doesn't really matter. His post aren't based off of anything other than fantasy anyways. How else would one go about getting a solo diver certification at 16 or extended cave dives with cavern certification or talk about decompression procedures as a matter of fact without ever having been certified. I'm really starting to wonder if it's an actual diver in troll mode looking for laughs. Kinda like Geko45 and the mall ninja episode :) Shrine of the Mall Ninja » LonelyMachines

One thing's for sure, he's good for a laugh.

"I am Jhordan, i am 16 sounds cool... i am certified as:
PADI Advanced Open Water/Rescue diver, TDI Advanced Nitrox, PDIC Deep diver, and TDI Intro to Cave, lets talk!!!"

Definately TROLL!! Found this post of his Sept 4, 2009

I often recommend to friends who get into diving the following combo:

Aqualung Titan LX regulator
Seaquest Balance BC
Suunto Gecko computer

Yes, it's all "one brand" (Aqualung owns seaquest and suunto), but so far the people who have bought the package like it. Go to a store, try some BCs on, see what feels most comfortable.

For brands, I think you should see what your local LDS or several LDS carry. I would then recommend looking at those brands first. If nothing else, you can at least get service and warranty work done if necessary.

If you are going to be traveling, say to the Keys, also check to see what brands are carried down there. It is usually easier to find an Oceanic dealer while on the road than a Suunto dealer.

Shop around on prices, there are some big swings. Pay a little bit more than what you find on the net to your LDS. If he won't work with you, at least you gave him the opp.

Make a list of what you intend to dive along with where and how. This will help the rest of us make recommendations that will suit your needs in specific and help cut out the emotional " I like, I feel, I think" situations that tend to derail a factual based thread. This will also help you understand why recommendations are made and how they may or may not apply to what you need.

Good luck with your search. If I can be of any assistance, feel free to contact me.

get a good set of apex regs!!! i have apeks and love them!! just remember to get them for the type of diving you will be doing. i bought mine in australia for warm water then when i came back to the uk i had to fork out loads to get anit freeze stuff!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom