Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Divers Ocean Planet

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 22 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw a couple issued of Advanced Diver and I thought it was pretty good but I don't have a subscription.

I won't allow Rodales in my house and I didn't have any in my shop when I had it.

Immersed seems to be going mainstream and will be another Sport Diver soon.

Sport Diver, BTW is real junk. I just got the new one and I can't find a single thing in it worth reading. Oh, it does have an article by Carl Shreevs about a 290 ft dive he canceled in Cannonball. I did that dive last Sunday and I don't think Sport Diver has the audience for it. Of course PADI is pushing the tech stuff pretty hard now. I think they should worry about teaching divers trim before sending them to a restriction at almost 300 ft in a cave. I've lost count already of how many time He's mentioned that cave. Is he bragging or what?

The PADI Journal has been laying on the tech stuff pretty thick lately also. IMO, they should back up at take another look at the basics.

Nitrox Diver (IANTD) is back and I'm interested to see what they come up with.

I read Alert Diver, Dive Training, and California Dive News (newspaper) I have, on occassion, purchased a Sport Diver when I've seean article of interest.
Do any of you know of any decent magazines that address spearfishing?

- Dive Training
- Alert Diver
- Advanced Diver Magazine (Now available online and the 1st dozen or so issues are available on a cd of .pdf files)

-Frank =-)

I pick up Dive Training for free at my LDS. My family always gives me gift subs to Rodales and Fathoms.

Dive Training

Alert Diver

Undercurrents

Dive Training, IMHO, is the most informative and best written of the scuba mags.

I also read Alert Diver, the bi-monthly mag from DAN.

Has been out of business now for a while and now only get Sport Diver delivered.

I pick up Dive Training and Florida Scuba News at my LDS every month and to say hello to my dive masters

:whoa: :eek:ut:

Check out Shark Diver...
The recent edition has a good article on The "mega mouth"
and various other articles on different species!
Not great but decent....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom