What do you do with scallops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 1/2 cups amer lob

1 lb scallops

1 lb brocolli

1lb shrimp

1/2 stick butter in fry pan add 2 tbs garlick cook slowly

1 1/2 qt hvy cream 1/2 stck butter bring to boil stir in brocolli add 7 slices american cheese and a handful of romano

add in seaffod to fry pan and cook lightly (don't overcook seafood)

serve over 1/12 lbs ziti, will thicken as cools

we usually have this when it has been a good day diving!!!

Dee:
gj62...thanks for the info. I can't do cilantro/coriander, it's just too hot for me. I know alot of you will disagree but your food should not hurt! :wink:

That's a great website. I agree, it IS hard to tell who knows who! But Natasha and I don't live that far apart and we see each other often.
My Mom couldn't take it either, but she liked other spicy foods. Never understood it being hot - just not a flavor she liked. Check out the asparagus spears from Bruno's - my kids love 'em. Lots of vinegar in these though...

Quick recipe: Scallop K-Bobs

Wrap individual scallops in a piece of bacon, skewer and grill.

OR, Seafood Alfreado

Prepare pasta of choice as directed on package: angel hair, linguini, fettuccini…

Sautee two smashed garlic gloves in butter; add a handful of scallops, shrimp and kielbasa sausage. (I usually add some fresh picked crab meat too but not necessary.) Heat until seafood is done – do not over cook scallops or shrimp – remove chunks of Garlic. Remove all from sauce pan.

Add two more cloves of smashed/minced garlic and a table spoon of butter. Sautee. Then add a pint of heavy whipping cream and a pint of half-and-half or two of each which ever you prefer – make sure you have shaken or stirred the creams before adding to the pan to prevent curdling – over medium heat bring to a boil. Slowly add between three to five cups of fresh graded parmesan cheese depending on how cheesy you like your Alfredo sauce. Stir ‘til cheese is melted and sauce thickens slightly. When done, add seafood and sausage to sauce and stir coating all.

Serve over rinsed pasta, sprinkled with fresh parmesan cheese and garnished with parsley and scallop shell. Accompany with a good wine or the best southern sweet tea imagined and crispy baguettes or toasted bread of choice and a fresh Caesar salad or spring greens with raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

Follow with Chocolate Suicide Cake and a scoop of vanilla bean or mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.

I love fixing this dish it is too die for. ;D R

Dee,
I've found pickled ginger at Tom Thumb (or whichever Safeway branch you have down there) in the deli department.

This entire thread is making me hungry! I LOVE scallops. I usually just sautee them in olive oil and garlic powder, but this is giving me some other tasty ideas.

ScubaTexan:
Dee,
I LOVE scallops. I usually just sautee them in olive oil and garlic powder, but this is giving me some other tasty ideas.

And I have to say I would give them to you lot ! Awful, and yes they were prepared to perfection according to my gf who knows.

LOL -- You send 'em, Hoppy, and I'll surely take them! :biggrin2:

It was the texture, I expected them to be a bit more "meaty" to be honest. As for the yellow/orange bit dont even go there !

I'm sticking to my philosophy of "if it don't have legs don't eat it" from now on :)

Sorry if I'm a heathen, but at least I tried em.

OH yeah.... Try this!

Broil them in bacon drippings, not a lot you don't want them to soak in grease, sprinkled with garlic power and covered in cheddar cheese. YUM

Or, Scallop cakes - make just like crab or salmon cakes only use scallops. Do the same with Shrimp. Shrimp burgers are the bomb here in Beaufort.

Chop them up into small pieces, add an egg and seasoned bread crumbs with some Ole Bay Seasonings, dash of garlic salt, a little sweet onion chopped into small pieces, salt and pepper then pat them out and deep fry them. Serve on a roll like a sandwich or just as a patty with sides dishes.

hmmmmmm... bacon....

i've read that ANY dish can be made better by adding (a) Bacon or (b) Chocolate
at the chef's discretion.

but why not add BOTH? that wuold make any dish twice as good... hmmmm....

scallops with bacon and chocolate...

having tried Conch Fritters on "the Brac" at the Captains Table Restaurant. Well WOW (dont want to know what they were before they were on a plate but FAB)

BIG gripe is you cant get decent Ranch dressing here in UK, and this place is supposed to be bl**dy civilised.

Anybody care to mail me some ? I'll pay BIG style for decent Ranch.

Sorry , back under my rock now.

Hoppy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom