What do you wear under your wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a speedo for me as well. The only time you'll ever catch wearing one of those banana hammacks is to get into a wetsuit. :D

I wear the Speedo shorts (aka "Jammers") under my 3mm full. They are comfortable, don't bunch up, and are less "racey" than than traditional Speedos.

However, I do try to limit "public exposure" by very quickly donning board shorts over them when not in my wetsuit :amazed:

Best wishes.
Ya know - me too!

Same set up as I use -

Personally, I could not care less what some one wears under their wet suit - many, many, dives and I've see few who look GREAT after coming up from a dive.

We Americans are a wonderful people, but boy, those Puritans really did a job on us.

And not that I'm looking.......but I've also seen some guys that ought to ditch the speedo briefs - Borat looked better!

I am going to look at the black compression shorts next time I'm in WalMart - no clue what they are, but at the price mentioned, worth checking out.

Triathlon shorts ... they look like black Spandex bike shorts, but without the chamois inside. You can pack two or three for a long trip and they'll take up practically no space and a couple ounces of weight. They stay in place when you're donning your wetsuit, are not "showy", and dry in about 3 minutes. Check a store like Big Five or similar; about $20/ea.

I was thinking of trying these out. They definitely won't bunch up. I'm just not sure whether they will make the problem better, or worse.

20090417_150010812905

Sometimes I wear a bikini, sometimes nothing, under my wetsuit. Depends on the circumstances and how likely it is that I might be arrested for public nudity when changing in a carpark or on the beach. :)

If you go nude, it pays to remember this when getting out of your suit... Once my buddy forgot he had no shorts on underneath and flashed a large number of people at a pier. And my dive skin sometimes sticks to my bikini top and pulls it off when I take it off if I am not careful...so that has happened a few times :blush: Though only once when someone was looking :wink:

Edit: Oh, I noticed that the OP asked for male comments, woops sorry :)

Last edited:
swimming trunks and a t-shirt

I must come and see this sometime.:D
Overhere all divers are in their bare butt.:rofl3:
Guess your anatomy must be a bit different, or something like that.:confused:

Try that in too many places of the ole US of A & the only diving you'll be doing is a shallow one in the terlet bowl of the local jailhouse.......

Triathlon shorts ... they look like black Spandex bike shorts, but without the chamois inside. You can pack two or three for a long trip and they'll take up practically no space and a couple ounces of weight. They stay in place when you're donning your wetsuit, are not "showy", and dry in about 3 minutes. Check a store like Big Five or similar; about $20/ea.
Thanks

"Triathalon shorts" no wonder I had no idea what they were...... I'm lucky I can spell triathalon!

Back
Top Bottom