What gives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Hoosier:
I heard the wiener was from Minnesota.

touche!

I could post another list of famous Minnesotans, but who really cares, eh?

You do know what MJ and Walmart have in common, yeah?
They both have little boys pants half off.

beezwax:
You do know what MJ and Walmart have in common, yeah?
They both have little boys pants half off.

What did MJ say to the preist?

Back off I saw him first!

Beezwax- since you begged and pleaded to become a part of the GLWC I think you should attend the Meet & Greet 4/28. When we tire of MJ jokes I have hundreds of pirate jokes (notice I didn't say good pirate jokes)

Absolutely! Come on Beezwax ... we'd love to see you there.

hehe you know what finally killed capt hook, don't you? terrible case of jock itch!

the meet-n-greet sounds like a lot of fun, but unfortunately there is no way I can make it (I've had plans that weekend for months). but maybe the next one! :icosm07:

beezwax:
hehe you know what finally killed capt hook, don't you? terrible case of jock itch!

the meet-n-greet sounds like a lot of fun, but unfortunately there is no way I can make it (I've had plans that weekend for months). but maybe the next one! :icosm07:

I'll save my pirate jokes... that way we'll give you an incentive to go dive with us.

Nothing set yet, but I am certain the weekend of June 2-4 will end up being a meet n' greet as it is DUI demo weekend, and a bunch of us will be there.
I'm planning on Diving Lake Wazee 2 weeks after that- you have any words of wisdom about that place?

plans for months for that weekend? DID YOU GET AN INVITE TO THE NEVERLAND RANCH?????

Polly,

re: future meet-n-greets
I can't promise anything-- I just did a mapquest search to Gilboa, it's almost a thousand miles from my front door. That's pretty far for a weekend, no?

re: Lake Wazee
I know nothing about it, but I just looked it up online. It sounds exactly like all the diving around here-- it's a former taconite mine, now a deep, clear lake. Come on up to the Iron Range, we've got 'em by the dozens, and we don't charge admission like Wazee!

re: never-never land
If I play my cards right when the time comes (when the big hand touches the little hand that is) I'll be able to retire early and just dive the rest of my days...

beezwax:
Polly,

re: future meet-n-greets
I can't promise anything-- I just did a mapquest search to Gilboa, it's almost a thousand miles from my front door. That's pretty far for a weekend, no?

And you call your self a diver! I just did the 1750 round trip to NC last weekend. Got blown out for all of the dives, said screw it and did 2 dives in a quarry near raliegh so don't go wimping out because of the drive.
beezwax:
re: Lake Wazee
I know nothing about it, but I just looked it up online. It sounds exactly like all the diving around here-- it's a former taconite mine, now a deep, clear lake. Come on up to the Iron Range, we've got 'em by the dozens, and we don't charge admission like Wazee!
when and where? I'll still be at Wazee for Matt's first open water dives, but doesn't mean that I can't do MN another weekend (I'm on a quest to dive all 50 states) Notice... I don't whine about the drive... and it would be even farther from my house than Gilboa :D
beezwax:
re: never-never land
If I play my cards right when the time comes (when the big hand touches the little hand that is) I'll be able to retire early and just dive the rest of my days...

I'm not waiting for retirement to dive. Best thing about being a teacher.... June, July, and Auguest. But I did just get an offer from a HS, that is looking to start a SCUBA program (CAN WE SAY DREAM JOB!!!!!)

scubapolly:
I'll still be at Wazee for Matt's first open water dives....

I read your post and at first I was like, "Who's Matt?" and then I saw the link at the bottom. You mean Matt the Wonder Boy is going to be doing his first open water dives!? That's just incredible-- I remember first reading about Matt and his quest in a 2004 issue of a small diving publication called "Dive Chronicles." I am so glad to hear his dream is coming true (please tell me I didn't put two and two together and get five-- did I join the dots correctly?) If so, I must also add this victory is bittersweet because in fact he is Matt the Minnesota Wonder Boy. Yes, he's an MN boy, and as a fellow MN boy I am more than a little bit astounded that he's chosen to do his first open water dives in WISCONSIN. We're the "Land of Ten Thousand Lakes" for cryin' out loud, he couldn't find ONE he liked enough to be his first dive?? Oh well, at least he's keeping it in the GLWC.

re: when/where?
If you're serious about visiting northern MN, PM me and we'll plan the GLWC's northwestern most meet-n-greet, all welcome!

beezwax:
(please tell me I didn't put two and two together and get five-- did I join the dots correctly?)

re: when/where?
If you're serious about visiting northern MN, PM me and we'll plan the GLWC's northwestern most meet-n-greet, all welcome!

Yes, that matt. He is doing them at DUI demo days- his suit is a DUI, custom made and donated to him. He'll be diving in the Keys in November I believe as well. I know he's from MN... that is why I froze my @$$ off in Minesota for his fundraiser in like -20F weather in February.... John Chatterton and I decided that MN weather took the "fun" out of FUNdraiser....hehehehe. Matt's dives will be June 17 at Wazee.

PM sent.

Welcome Beezwax, and welcome Minnesota. I'll forgive you for those NFL Vikings!
That Madeira looks like a great dive, I don't think I know of any other shore dives to wrecks like that! Maybe I can get up your way this year to do some diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom