What is your beer of choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I refrigerate no beer. If it doesn't have the taste to go from the cellar to the glass I don't buy it a second time, unless it's meant to give to friends who prefer their brews thinner and ice cold.
I agree.

I was discussing this thread earlier this evening, and thought I'd track it down.

It's been a year+, since the last post in this valuable thread, and I am sure there are new favorites out there?

Tonight I am trying something Keithdiver suggested: Guiness/Blue Moon (1/2 and 1/2). Actually by the second sip I found it quite good. First sip was a bit "fruity" for me, as Blue Moon is not one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Manchester Bitter or Rolling Rock in ponies (33 forever) depending on my mood. "Arn city" when I am home so I can get back alive.

Nothing better than a Bud, poured over a large plastic cup of crushed ice, on a hot summer day. It makes a beer sno cone,

I once had an akward moment just to see what it felt like. I live vicarously through myself. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos XX.

I decided by the end of the mug of Guiness/blue Moon 50/50 last evening that I really was not thrilled with it. I like Guiness, but am not particularly fond of the Blue Moon. A bit too "fruity tasting" for me.

Having both sitting in the celler, tonight I tried adjusting the blend to @75% Guiness and only @ 25% Blue Moon. MUCH better. Lost the too fruity flavor from the BM, while it toned the harsher bite of the Guiness a bit. This I would try agan.

I decided by the end of the mug of Guiness/blue Moon 50/50 last evening that I really was not thrilled with it. I like Guiness, but am not particularly fond of the Blue Moon. A bit too "fruity tasting" for me.

Having both sitting in the celler, tonight I tried adjusting the blend to @75% Guiness and only @ 25% Blue Moon. MUCH better. Lost the too fruity flavor from the BM, while it toned the harsher bite of the Guiness a bit. This I would try agan.

This is now on my "to do" list.

I can't imagine how you could "improve" Guinness by adding anything to it:shocked2: The sacrilege! Sounds a bit like saying "Hmmm, I'm going to see if this Dom Perignon tastes any better if I add some brake fuel to it"...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom