What items have you actually used from your save-a-dive kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a plastic milk crate, and just put things in that I needed on the last dive... so far

I've used:
15 O-rings (all on rental tanks)
1 each xtra LP reg hose, LP BC inflator, & HP hose. Mostly when other parts just didn't fit right, or when a friends hose had a leak.
DIN inserts
DIN to Yoke converter
Assorted Allen wrenches
Screwdriver
2 Crescent wrenches
Dental Picks
LOTS of Zip Ties in assorted sizes
Parachute Cord
Extra Bolt snaps and Double enders
Extra 1st stage reg.
BC to Tire Inflator adaptor
BC to NPT blower attachment
Extra Depth Gauge (gave it away - so no longer part of the kit, but came in handy at times)
Spare Boots, Fins, Masks and wetsuits in assorted sizes (these don't fit in the milk crate though :wink: )
Teflon tape
Spare spool and DSMB
Spare car key
snacks (granola bars, etc..)
Batteries for all electronics - C's, AA's AAA's
Sharpie Permanent marker
Wing Nuts, SS bolts and Washers for STA

Items never used (yet) :
Spare Cam band
Fin strap
Mask strap
Most O-rings other than Yoke

Probably a few other things I can't remember too...

Aloha, Tim

You know, I think the only time I haven't had to pull out the ol' faithful kit is when I'm diving with just SB'ers.... Hrmmmmmmm, something to think about. I copied my kit from OrlandoEric, that man has everything in his box-o-tricks. (including, tampons and midol)

Fin straps, vinegar/alcohol in a non-aerosol spray bottle (they're cheap in the toiletries section of walmart/target), zipties, glow sticks, and LOTS of Bonine.
I have unfortunately been finding most of the items are rusted/salt-encrusted from lack of use. I had to soak my all-in-one tool the other date in WD-40 for hours to get all the crud off. I now put EVERYTHING inside ziplocks.

I used a Fin Strap From Someone elses Save A Dive Kit on a liveaboard in the red sea. Saves about 6 dives. (A BIG THANKS AGAIN if you're out there)

Now I carry my own Kit.

Dave

O-ring is the most common item. And, spare SPG to cover the wireless transmitter.

kidspot:
BC to NPT blower attachment Aloha, Tim

Tim, where do you use a blow gun? Is it for the Scuba gear?

It's to scare the crap out of unsuspecting cave students :eyebrow: Instructors use it to simulate manifold and reg failures.

hoosier:
Tim, where do you use a blow gun? Is it for the Scuba gear?

LOL~~ So, it is only for the cave instructor. ^--^;

What other usage does it have?

Jay_SMART_Diver:
snorkle keeper (who needs that anyway), mouthpiece (have used),

What you talkin' about? Snorkel keepers make the best octo holder. One end flips into itself on a D-ring or something on your BC and then the mouthpiece of the reg goes into the other end. :D

What have I used / lent out of my save a dive kit?
Mask strap
O-rings
Wrench
Dental pick
Metal barrette - makes a great o-ring picker and isn't as sharp as the dental pick
Fin strap
O ring grease
Pencils
Spare slate
Rubber tubing
Kotol
SCUBA tool
Bonine
Sudafed
Tampon (Sorry guys!)
Spare mask
D-rings, etc.
zip ties
wrist lanyards
zipper wax
Sun lotion
Chap stick
Bandaids

ahhhh my brain's gettin' fuzzy! I know theres more!

Charlie99:
Spinoff from Save A Dive Kit Contents thread.

OK, here's another question for everybody:

What items have you actually used from your save-a-dive kit? Which ones are most often used?

I've never used the mask strap or fin strap, but have frequently used tie wraps (or given them to other divers). The only other items I frequently hand out are my spare light and a spare compass (lots of rental gear comes without compass).
So far only the o rings

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom