What to do when the Rochester Wideband isn't enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for giving a good thorough wiping with rubbing alcohol (the flat cotton pads leave less lint that cotton balls), and then once dry applying the cath and really pinching and rolling the material and skin together to ensure good adhesion. A Wideband will stay on all day even in desert/jungle heat and still be a bit difficult to remove. I also squeeze into a smaller size assuming that even in a drysuit, I might experience shrinkage? Hard to tell during the dive with all the layers and crotch strap 🤣

I remember reading somewhere that the glue needs a short while to cure and fully stick, can't remember the source though. I generally put it on at the start of the day and it lasts most of the day, I definitely find they unstick if I'm in my hot drysuit on a boat in summer all day, even in the temperate UK summers. Alcohol wipes seem to help if I haven't showered that morning for some reason.
None of this adds massively to the thread, but I also wonder if you could just apply a time limit in your head. Pee in first half hour only?
Rich

I use a product called Skin-Prep which is basically an alcohol wipe - however it has additional solvents in it to make the skin a little tacky as well too.
Holy cow man, I bought some of this after I saw your post. Tried it this morning for the first time. This stuff is amazing.

Thank you for the heads up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom