What to do when the Rochester Wideband isn't enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you said that it doesn't matter how well you wash/clean your junk on the morning of
Contributing factor may be the soap. A Dove Moisturizing Bar may not be the best choice, lol.

I personally have to go down a size from the recommended per manufacturer in order to have a snug fit. That way it feels like the fit is helping hold it on as much as the adhesive.

Contributing factor may be the soap. A Dove Moisturizing Bar may not be the best choice, lol.

Well, that is actually exactly the soap I use...

... TMI? LOL!

I don't think I've ever tried putting it on at home right after the shower and then driving to the site. Easy enough to try and see if it lasts longer. In Mexico I was either putting them on at the dive shop or when suiting up at the site.
Like stuart said, that might be your problem. After cleaning with water and soap, I wipe myself dry and then wait another 15-ish minutes just in case I have missed some spot before putting it on. Another tip after that is to squeeze and hold it for at least half a minute, to get glue activated by heat. I had only one mishap so far, where I put it on immediatelly after cleaning and didn't hold it afterwards.

Like stuart said, that might be your problem. After cleaning with water and soap, I wipe myself dry and then wait another 15-ish minutes just in case I have missed some spot before putting it on. Another tip after that is to squeeze and hold it for at least half a minute, to get glue activated by heat. I had only one mishap so far, where I put it on immediatelly after cleaning and didn't hold it afterwards.
This is also my method. It works well for me.
It goes on after a shower and I squeeze it in place to help the glue set up.

Try it, what do you have to lose.

Not the best of phrases to use with that part of the body.
Maybe I have lots to spare?
Probably not, but maybe.

I've got a problem that seems to be the opposite of everyone else in the male dry-diving world. They just don't stay glued! Doesn't matter how clean shaven I am, nor how much I wash any skin oils off the morning of, I've tried a few different sizes, I've tried them in heat and humidity and in the cold and dry - every time, my skin just eats the freaking glue off condom caths. After a 45 minute dive, there _might_ be enough glue left to hold but certainly not enough for me to trust it enough to use it, and after anything more than that it's guaranteed to be falling off. What's a fellow to do? Would something like Urobond V (what they recommend for ShePees) work?

And for anyone noticing that this is a first post - no, it's not a troll, I just didn't want this associated with my main screen name anytime someone googles it.

Thanks for any advice!

How many catheters have you tried or how many failed attempts have you had?

I think there is a learning curve. How I do it now is different then at 50 dives with one.

Opportunity here.. maybe PADI should pump out another specialty. Call it "Intimate Speciality...all about You and Your Pee Pee":)

How many catheters have you tried or how many failed attempts have you had?

I think there is a learning curve. How I do it now is different then at 50 dives with one.

Opportunity here.. maybe PADI should pump out another specialty. Call it "Intimate Speciality...all about You and Your Pee Pee":)

Probably around 30-40? with all but a handful being failures. I kept waiting for it to still be on by the end of the dive so I could trust it enough to use it, but since that never happened reliably I gave up.

ooh I wonder what picture will go on the front of that specialty card!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom