What to do when the Rochester Wideband isn't enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will also recommend using a alcohol wipe or some rubbing alcohol. Regular soap isn't designed to truly remove the oils from your skin.

+1 for alcohol. Ripped that idea off from the She-P practices. Keep a small squirt-bottle of it in the car, apply, dry, and immediately put on the cath.
Never had a single blow-off since I started doing it. Working dive instructor... so I'm wearing one damn near every day. In the heat of the Mexican jungle summers.

I use a product called Skin-Prep which is basically an alcohol wipe - however it has additional solvents in it to make the skin a little tacky as well too.
I work in a Wound Care Center and we use this product to ensure adhesion of bandages dressings to the skin. We use them on Ostomy dressings and Wound vac dressings. It also protects the skin from the adhesive, so we use it with patients who have sensitive skin to keep the bandages / dressings on.

just out of curiosity.... has anyone ever been doing all this stuff in their car when someone walks by? Cops called? Neighborhood kids crying?

Just wondering.

just out of curiosity.... has anyone ever been doing all this stuff in their car when someone walks by? Cops called? Neighborhood kids crying?

Just wondering.
I put mine on at home when I get out of the shower. The only thing I do at the dive site is plug in and go.

You're a %#*&!
I Goggled it. For me, it's in the same category as bobbit worm

I've had a couple, they are fun

I use these (the wipe version).

Just ordered a new case of catheters (100) and 2 x boxes (54 each) of these.

I had a blow-out once, when I didn't use one of these. Have not had a blowout after using one.

Back
Top Bottom