What would you guys do...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it really does look like you get screwed on that one Robert, sorry to hear it. Especially since the was no weighted STA, and the wing was not an Eclipse.

Yes, it really does look like you get screwed on that one Robert, sorry to hear it. Especially since the was no weighted STA, and the wing was not an Eclipse.

It happens! I borrowed a buddies halcyon rig for the weekend to try it out since mine was not useable and really enjoyed it.

I have already ordered a new stainless plate with new harness for the pioneer wing. I just need to get a new o-ring for the inflator, an inflator hose and STA now.

I just bought an oxycheq doubles wing friday and the bands from you and will now have the doubles rig ready to go using the aluminum plate and harness that I scored out of this sweet deal here.

So with a bit of frustration and more money than anticipated I will have 2 decent set ups....

That wing design looks like a Pioneer and not an Eclipse. The Halcyon 6lb weighted STA is anywhere from $80-160 depending on what you got with the BC.

I've dealt with Paypal a lot and their buyer and seller "protection guarantees" are worthless. In essence, if a seller is able to provide a shipping receipt showing that they mailed *something* to your address, you're out of luck. Even if they determine the case in your favor, they can't do anything if the seller's paypal account has a zero balance, which it will if someone is intentionally defrauding you.

Sorry you got ripped off. Might look into making a mail fraud claim against him, but the costs associated with pursuing this further is probably just going to put you more in the hole. Maybe best to just chalk it up to bad luck and lesson learned, and move on?

Send me the guys name and address via PM and the next time I am diving in his area I'll post some fliers at the local dive shops stating he is a thief.

Anyone else want to help?

Send me the guys name and address via PM and the next time I am diving in his area I'll post some fliers at the local dive shops stating he is a thief.

Anyone else want to help?

apparently he works part time at south beach divers.... I spoke with the owner of the shop who was very cool and said he would check into it and get back with me. (south beach divers is no way affiliated with this transaction)

here are photos of the unit

DSC_4033.jpg

DSC_4035.jpg

DSC_4036.jpg

DSC_4038.jpg

DSC_4040.jpg

o-ring for inflator
DSC_4041.jpg

Harness
DSC_4044.jpg

#s on crotch strap
DSC_4045.jpg

tank bands
DSC_4046.jpg

DSC_4049.jpg

name on wing (not the seller who claims to have bought it new)
DSC_4050.jpg

LOL - Sorry to hijack but I have to quote this for posterity.

Mike - you were saying? :wink:

Casey,

Little did I know this guy was a scammer... I bought into his BS about not knowing too much about the wing...

Since it was a wing that has the blue on the side and someone came in claiming the wing was torn, I defended the owner...

Why would any owner sell a wing at that price with a tear on the side?

So I pushed the fact that it's blue on the side of the wing for promotional reasons...

Nuff said... Sorry for not smelling the Rat!!! I never purchase off any user unless they have A1 stellar reviews, just take a look a my reviews, I sell scuba stuff in less that 24 hours when I place it online, literally, because of the reviews....

MG

That totally blows!
Sorry RM thats sad that someone would blatantly pull that scam..

Fast97rs-if you read this you are a POS!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom