What would you guys do...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is the wing really torn or is that part of the wing design that i have never seen before?

edit: answered my own question on google.

Last edited:
Alright.... just saw this. Enough's enough...

Guys... ur getting his half of the story. I've NEVER seen s/s rust like that. The rig that I SENT HIM had a s/s plate which I polished myself. He also claimed when he contacted me after recieveing the rig that he "NEVER" got an inflator or inflator line. That's interesting since he posted up a picture of some sort of destroyed o-ring and that the dump valves also didn't work/were broken... Also interesting since they were brand spanking new.

This rig was in great condition... yes the straps were a little on the stiff side, but had nothing wrong with them.

We settled with with Paypal as it was his decision to do so.... and hell, after writing extensively to them, they settled with me.

I am no idiot and can see a scam coming... if I didn't know any better (what idiot can't tell the difference between aluminum and ss) I'd have recieved the rig back minus my sta and ss plate... i offered... when he first complained a full refund... but when I saw the pictures he had sent me I knew it was not my rig.

Yes, i may have been wrong about the wing i believed to be on there. It was a pro deal... and why the hell can't I mark and number my rigs on the straps? I'm sure i'm not the only one on her to do so. My friend collin borrowed the wing and wrote on it... i didn't think it was a big deal...

truth is that he got a $750 rig for under $400.... was pissed because it wasn't in out of the box condition... and then tried to scam me by saying it had an alum. backplate, no inflator hose/inflator, no (and then broken) dump valves, and no sta..... no bud... look how much I payed for the shipping on my reciept.....

DID HE FIND BRICKS IN THERE OR SOMETHING? Cause that alum rig without sta would have been a few bucks to ship... not what I payed. I have the items weight on the reciept.

You are such a Liar!! I saved the box that shows the Fed ex shipping weight on it with your information on it. I even sent you a pm once you shipped asking why it was so light and you never responded!! I dont even care about it at this point I just dont want anybody else getting scammed by you!

Here is me trying to get tracking

rmitchell248:
I had somebody drive 30 minutes to check the house, today would have been day 3 on the 3 day shipping(nothing there). This is what I did not want to have happen I do not care if it is a day or two late but I dont want to have people running all over the state on my behalf because we cant get a tracking number.

So PLEASE shoot it over to me so that I dont have to play this game all week.

Thankyou
Robert

fast97rs:
Robert,

Yea, I locked it myself.... talk about a nutty thread.

Anyway... i was dumb enough to leave the shipping number in the back room. I'll get it when I go to work today.... sorry bro but its been nuts.

Jorgy

How about this one?

I fully understand robert. If that's what you need to do then fine. Like I said I've been out of town. I get back in the morning. My kid brother was supposed to handle the whole shipping of the package since I fell short on time... And he SUCKS at answering his phone.. All that I got was "I did it..."... I was going to come home and resolve this but my fiance wouldn't have it. You'll have the whole of the information as soon as I get back. Again I apologize... I hope you don't think me some sort of thief... But I know the impression I have given isn't a good one.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
To: <jo*******des@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Got anything for me?

since I dont have a tracking number and am tired of wondering if I am going to get one I have made a decision. If it is not there when I send somebody this afternoon and I still do not have tracking information I will put a dispute into paypal. I do not want to do this but you have a huge lack of communication that has not left me with much else to do. Up until the money was provided it was great. I am not asking for much, normally I would not even care about the tracking number but in this case it is a major pain to ask people to go check my porch so this thing does not get stolen.

If I am forced to put a dispute into paypal I will send the unit back to you when I get home. Please just send me something so I do not have to go this route.

Robert

Or this email I sent you.. remember that?

Thanks for the tracking#

I notice it didn't make 3 day and it looks to weigh half of what a wing ss backplate single tank adapters pouch and power inflator would weigh. The Sta and backplate alone weigh 12 lbs.?

Let me know if I am missing something here.

Robert

Sent from my iPhone

You should have just stayed in your hole.. the problem with liars is that they usually cant even remember what they said and it buries them in the end

Hey fast97 how about you post up your receipt and see if it matches the fed ex tracking information!

822378810031984 it is still a live tracking number check out dude

Is that the plate and wing, that you sold to Robert, in the pictures above?

Ben Knows that Is the gear i got from this guy because I had to borrow Ben's rig to dive with that weekend since the load of crap I got on the mail from FAST97 was so bad I could not dive it LOL

:popcorn: round one goes to Robert... :wink:

Yep...:popcorn:

(Maybe the seller thinks this thread will just go away.)

I think what REALLY happened is that he called his fiance to tell his brother to go over to the shop and do the shipping because he was out of town on a dangerous secret mission. His brother, who's bad at these things, grabbed a plate out of the recycle bin behind the shop and shipped it via media mail at the post office. When it was returned he, embarrassed by his mistake, shipped it UPS on a slow boat. See, it's simple really.

LOL! What are you? His spindoctor? :rofl3:

Yep...:popcorn:

(Maybe the seller thinks this thread will just go away.)

I think what REALLY happened is that he called his fiance to tell his brother to go over to the shop and do the shipping because he was out of town on a dangerous secret mission. His brother, who's bad at these things, grabbed a plate out of the recycle bin behind the shop and shipped it via media mail at the post office. When it was returned he, embarrassed by his mistake, shipped it UPS on a slow boat. See, it's simple really.

Back
Top Bottom