What would you guys do...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does one have to do to get removed from SB? This appears to be fraud and selling something on ScubaBoard in this manner demeans every legit seller and every potential buyer.

To me it is always a bad sign when someone only comes on scubaboard to sell items. I always stand behind the items I sell. If it is not as I described I am willing to take it back.

This reminds of Ryan Wood of planetinverts, who was apparently not very consistent with his selling live aquarium shrimp. He would sometimes ship them on time and of the correct size and breed, sometimes he shipped too small shrimp and of even of the wrong breed. But most of his complaints came from customers whose shrimps were delayed apparently to infinity. And the more a customer complained, the more likely he would not get his shrimp or his money back. I recall that some of his posts (deleted now) on shrimpnow.com even specifically threatened customers that he was gonna transfer the money back originally, but not anymore since the customer had decided to thrash it out on forums.
Planet Inverts customer service/scam
There used to be more such threads on various aquarium forums, but many have been deleted.

Ryan Wood@planetinverts ?

Alright.... just saw this. Enough's enough...

Guys... ur getting his half of the story. I've NEVER seen s/s rust like that. The rig that I SENT HIM had a s/s plate which I polished myself. He also claimed when he contacted me after recieveing the rig that he "NEVER" got an inflator or inflator line. That's interesting since he posted up a picture of some sort of destroyed o-ring and that the dump valves also didn't work/were broken... Also interesting since they were brand spanking new.

This rig was in great condition... yes the straps were a little on the stiff side, but had nothing wrong with them.

We settled with with Paypal as it was his decision to do so.... and hell, after writing extensively to them, they settled with me.

I am no idiot and can see a scam coming... if I didn't know any better (what idiot can't tell the difference between aluminum and ss) I'd have recieved the rig back minus my sta and ss plate... i offered... when he first complained a full refund... but when I saw the pictures he had sent me I knew it was not my rig.

Yes, i may have been wrong about the wing i believed to be on there. It was a pro deal... and why the hell can't I mark and number my rigs on the straps? I'm sure i'm not the only one on her to do so. My friend collin borrowed the wing and wrote on it... i didn't think it was a big deal...

truth is that he got a $750 rig for under $400.... was pissed because it wasn't in out of the box condition... and then tried to scam me by saying it had an alum. backplate, no inflator hose/inflator, no (and then broken) dump valves, and no sta..... no bud... look how much I payed for the shipping on my reciept.....

DID HE FIND BRICKS IN THERE OR SOMETHING? Cause that alum rig without sta would have been a few bucks to ship... not what I payed. I have the items weight on the reciept.

I know rmitchell248 and he is an upfront honest person.

I believe him totally.

He takes meticulous care for his gear and is a conscientious diver.

rmitchell248 has integrity and I am in total support of him.

Alright.... just saw this. Enough's enough...

Guys... ur getting his half of the story. I've NEVER seen s/s rust like that. The rig that I SENT HIM had a s/s plate which I polished myself. He also claimed when he contacted me after recieveing the rig that he "NEVER" got an inflator or inflator line. That's interesting since he posted up a picture of some sort of destroyed o-ring and that the dump valves also didn't work/were broken... Also interesting since they were brand spanking new.

This rig was in great condition... yes the straps were a little on the stiff side, but had nothing wrong with them.

We settled with with Paypal as it was his decision to do so.... and hell, after writing extensively to them, they settled with me.

I am no idiot and can see a scam coming... if I didn't know any better (what idiot can't tell the difference between aluminum and ss) I'd have recieved the rig back minus my sta and ss plate... i offered... when he first complained a full refund... but when I saw the pictures he had sent me I knew it was not my rig.

Yes, i may have been wrong about the wing i believed to be on there. It was a pro deal... and why the hell can't I mark and number my rigs on the straps? I'm sure i'm not the only one on her to do so. My friend collin borrowed the wing and wrote on it... i didn't think it was a big deal...

truth is that he got a $750 rig for under $400.... was pissed because it wasn't in out of the box condition... and then tried to scam me by saying it had an alum. backplate, no inflator hose/inflator, no (and then broken) dump valves, and no sta..... no bud... look how much I payed for the shipping on my reciept.....

DID HE FIND BRICKS IN THERE OR SOMETHING? Cause that alum rig without sta would have been a few bucks to ship... not what I payed. I have the items weight on the reciept.

The plate was AL. I saw it myself.
There is a lot of corrosion on the holes from not being rinsed properly (See pictures).

I think pictures speak louder than words in this case.

Ben,

If you saw an al plate... then u saw a plate that he showed you... not the plate I sent him.
Is that the plate and wing, that you sold to Robert, in the pictures above?

Back
Top Bottom