What's a good scuba travel agent in SE Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering about scuba travel agent. From my recent search for Sipadan trip, it seems that making a reservation directly with a resort via internet seems to be the most expensive way to go. Unfortunately there seems to be very few travel agents here in Bangkok who can offer decent prices on dive packages around SE Asia. I am looking for a possible trip to Layang Layang, Manado or possibly the Phillippines, anyone has a good suggestion on a good agent?

Thanks for your help.

For Manado you can definitely negociate your package directly with the resort you are interested in. .. I tend to organize my trips to various destinations directly in general and you can get good prices

I use Travel Masters in Austin, Texas.

They have an 800 number you can get through information 1-800-555-1212 (my pda is "charging" right now).

I try to use Vicky or Patty. I live in the PNW but use this agency because they are incredible at getting good and "cheap" bookings.

I met them at DEMA, Las Vegas last year and they've booked packages for Kalimantan and Sabah in Borneo, several domestic trips and one coming up for AU. They are great!

Booking direct with a resort will give mixed results. It has helped me at times if I mention I'm an instructor. They'll sometimes drop the price 10% or 15% on the idea that you'll send business their way- which I do.

But overall- these two ladies in Austin always do better on an overall package when adding airfare, connections, etc. In the last year they have saved me thousands. I like that.

Good Luck.

Not a "travel agent" per se but try Oceanic on Soi 39 - they are authorized agents for Altantis, Philippines (gave me a good price) and regulary organize trips to Indonesia also.

I have not come across any in Thailand also - I undertsand there may be some in Singapore but have not gotten to the bottom of it yet (FINS board would be the way to research it).

I did look at prices from dive travel agents (Jarvis, etc) offering catalogues in the States and UK (for worlwide diving) and found them to be a lot more expensive than making my own arrangements with the exception of the Red Sea which the Uk opertaors seemed to be able to offer very cheaply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom