What's your best dive ever ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An aluminum 80 bailout. Inverted bailouts weren’t the norm yet. We had a problem with our push-pull system (surface based closed circuit recirculating) the day before so we just went on open circuit air until we got the doors of the first class foyer burned off. The Port side was only about 160'. We were on HeO2 when we penetrated the hull and inside the habitat — we couldn’t afford a support ship and a surface based diving system.

Thats a great picture.

Dont see single bailouts often with valves on top.

Hardly anyone does open circuit surface supply anymore with large He percentages due to the huge costs of the gas. Its all about He recovery now. when youve got 10 divers under, breathing 4/96 or 2/98 it starts getting expensive.:D

Best dive was in Devil's Den cavern in Fl. It was the first time my family dove together, wife and children got certified together, but due to work schedules my wife did not do her certification dives with the kids.

Diving with sea lions off Santa Barbara Island in the Channel Islands and a night dive on the Fujikawa Maru in Truk Lagoon.

The last thing I had to do for my cert is plan a dive with my buddy and dive my plan. That was in 1983 in Puget Sound and to this day I will never forget that feeling, first time in the water not doing skills or something else but being able to really look around. What a great feeling and I will never forget that.

Billie's Grotto Antigua.... 9 foot Hammerhead swam by us less than 20 feet away in 60fsw. The pic sucks but it was the best I could do.(One pic is the original and the other is "enhanced to see it better")... I was mesmerized by its beauty. You know you are a shark lover when your first instinct is to swim toward the shark and get a pic. :-D

HammerHead.jpgHammerHead 2.jpg

Looks like the Dolphin dives a winning :rofl3:

Beats a wreck anytime, mine where at Abu Nuhas, never saw the wrecks that time :D

ABu Nuhas wrecks are awesome too , but I still prefer the Thistlegorm . I had an incident there where the zodiac threw us around 200 m away from the wrecks and when it came to take us it got shunt on the corals that unfortunately we had to walk on them as it was getting dark :( . I still don't regret the Abu Nahas dive though.

I never had a bad dive, but some are better than others. Among the best: My wife and I spent the best part of an hour in 100' plus visibility and no other divers in the water, off Olawalu in Maui, just hanging out and "dancing" (but not touching) huge green sea turtles. We were hovering between 45 and 35 feet as they circled us and we circled them, sometimes approaching within 5 feet of them and they us. It was a magic.
DivemasterDennis

If I'd already had my best dive there would be no point in diving anymore.

Of my, so-far, most memorable dives I'd have to include my first ever cavern dive at the the Blue Lagoon (El Dudu) in DR, my first ever dive blow 100fsw (even though that was in a fairly non-descript portion of the St Lawrence at Rockport), cavern diving at Aerolito de Paraiso in Cozumel and lots of others but I'm hoping the best is yet to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom