Where should I eat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i like to eat where the locals eat. here is my list in no particular order. -
el dorado calle 7 between av10-15. breakfast and lunch only. (my favorite.)
los palmas
el moro (requires cab)
mi chalita- cochina economica a little north of deep blue
chilangos
did you say under $15. i think it would be hard to run up a bill that high at these places.
re el foco which has been mentioned. if you go there, be sure to add up your bill. several posters on another board wrote about problems and when i told a friend he looked at his bill. sure enough...

I love Mi chavita too (coming from the plaza, it's on the corner right before the mercado on the left hand side). Good cheap homemade food and an impressive list of fresh fruit and veggie juices. They were closed for remodeling in February, though, don't know if they have reopened yet.

In the mercado itself, Molina serves all kinds of tacos, huaraches, salbutes… Dirt cheap. They close at 1 pm.
Try Los Otates' tacos al pastor. I still dream about them.

I loved Kinta too. Mexican fusion cuisine, very savory and unusual combinations. It's not as cheap as the other places but still inexpensive compared to the US and well worth it.

i like to eat where the locals eat. here is my list in no particular order. -
el dorado calle 7 between av10-15. breakfast and lunch only. (my favorite.)
This is on my way home when I leave from downtown. Have had many lunches here. Very cheap and all food freshly made. Great fish tacos. My only beef, last time I was there, were the flies.

This is all so much fun...now. In 1992 the food was uniformly awful. Back then you had your choice of Karen's Pizza where they used Vienna Sausage for their sausage pizza, or Pepe's Grill with a 3 item salad bar. We really are lucky that all started to change in about 1997--and now all the wonderful choices you all have listed, reminds me of the bad ol' days.

I suspect that more people may be coming for the food than for the diving!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Ok, how about La Candela, just North of Kinta's; or, Del Sur for the BEST empanadas, just south of Kinta's on 5th. Food runs a close second on reasons to return to Cozumel again and again. Every time, seems like we find a new favorite spot!
Saw Costa Brava posted earlier, this is truly a nice quiet spot with good food, just around the south corner from Casa Mexicana on 7th. We stepped in and tried it one stormy night during Carnival - it was great!

Check out Santa Carlos Pescadaria on Ave 50B. Coconuts on the other side of the island is good.
There's a place on the beach @ Paradise Beach that is very good- forget the name. La Choza too

This is all so much fun...now. In 1992 the food was uniformly awful. Back then you had your choice of Karen's Pizza where they used Vienna Sausage for their sausage pizza, or Pepe's Grill with a 3 item salad bar. We really are lucky that all started to change in about 1997--and now all the wonderful choices you all have listed, reminds me of the bad ol' days.
But in the 90's there was still La Choza, Santigo's (now defunct), Las Palmeras (pretty good in spite of the Denny's type menus), El Moro, Sonora Grill, Capi Navegante... In the old days, too, you could get turtle steak (sorry), too, which was very good. It wasn't all bad.

There are so many wonderful places to eat. I can't wait to return and try a few more.
La Choza was good. Nice atmosphere, good service, food good, prices a bit high.
Casa Denis, good food, go for the yucatan style cooking, service fair, prices not bad.
Try Blue Angel restaurant south of town for dinner. Great food, excellent service, covered outdoor on the water dining, and their margaritas are, well................excellente.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will be there in about 40 hr now. I can not wait for the great food and to try out some new places you have recommended.

Thanks
Ryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom