Who carries an extra mask with them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Left thigh pocket every dive.

Mark Vlahos

1_T_Submariner:
You will die if you keep it anywhere else. :rofl3:

Yes have an extra in BC extra mask pocket which will probably lead to my demise someday.

I wear mine on the back of my head so's I can see what's behind me.

I keep the extra mask in a small, waist-mounted, utility pouch on the right side, where I loop the long hose under.

Originally Posted by Loneranger
I would think for cave or wreck penetration it might be needed, but for rec diving I would just come up if there was an issue...Redundent for my diving anyway...

Originally Posted by gomi_otaku
I think these are troll questions to incite a DIR riot!
gomi_
_________

Well, this question was asked already on previous threads.
IMHO, bringing down an extra mask is not about being DIR, non-DIR, tech or non-tech...
It's about redundancy, which is applied by all divers. There's the backup reg, the other fin, the backup light, all part of the standard rig.

I hope the extra mask would also become a standard.
:D

I'll get an extra this year, but it'll be kept in the car with the extra equip just in case.

I don't bring one underwater with me for recreational purposes. On technical dives I do, although it is not kept anywhere on my left side. I enjoy doing it wrong.

What is mask please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom