Who carries an extra mask with them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same here in the left DS Pocket(Atomic frameless - sits nice & flat)

Edit: quote did not come up

An extra always in the bag but rarely on a dive unless it's high current or sloppy buddies. I also really don't have a frameless that sits flat but will be adding one next month. My fiance is getting it for my birthday. she just doesn't know it yet.

I always carry a spare mask and always has. I know myself that without a mask im effectively blind, i cant read gauges, id be 100% reliant on a buddy to get me to the surface and/or stops safely for correct times and rates. And i dont ever want to trust my safety 100% to someone else.

I keep mind in my right thigh pocket on drysuit (as thats the only pocket i have). In a wetsuit it live in waist pouch on my wing.

MikeFerrara:
I do know one guy who claims to have had a turtle or something swim into his mask real hard and shatter it. I guess I can believe it because I had a turtle swim into my rib cage and knock the wind out of me. LOL but he missed the mask.

The only proper mask fail ive seen underwater was with an Oceanic mask a diver had. It appeared the glue or whatever they use to bond the frame/glass either hadnt taken or had weakened and came off - the result was the right hand lense simply detached from the casing so water flooded in. The mask was apparently ~ 3 weeks old.

So do you mostly use your reading mask or your distance mask??

Off topic and serious: Wayward Son definitely has the most disturbing avatar.

Jaws. The musical. By Andrew Lloyd Weber...

I wear a prescription mask and I always carry an extra in my boat bag. I don't need glasses to read, so seeing gauges is not an issue for me, in fact I could probably read them better without my mask. I dive in tropical destinations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom