Why do people do this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't understand it. Perhaps because most divers are only trained in diving techniques and not marine biology that things like this happen. Having had a 75 gallon salt water reef tank, I know how sensitive corals are to being touched or cut.

If that SOB was my dive buddy, he might not make it back to the boat.

or fingering your initials on the clay in a cave wall. All these things will go away by the next time a diver comes along anyway.

Are you insane? I don't know the exact time frame but I'm pretty sure it takes at least thousands of years for those clay formations to be created. Maybe some of the speleological people can give more accurate information about it though.

I don't understand it. Perhaps because most divers are only trained in diving techniques and not marine biology that things like this happen. Having had a 75 gallon salt water reef tank, I know how sensitive corals are to being touched or cut.

live coral in a tank? what do the polyps feed on?

Some people just have no respect. One time in West Palm, we had just finished a drift dive when one of the DM's opened a beer on the boat and flipped the cap into the ocean. I asked him what his particular ailment was, and I was reminded that I was a new diver. Amazing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom