Worst of Cozumel.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol Im with you Kixy.....Id love to be having a crappy time on that pier. Im just south of you, and this seattle rain is already getting old and it just started for the season! Over the last several years I have spent more than a few SI opportunities on that pier. But I have to say, I never really minded. I just didnt know anything about any "torta Lady". Where is she from there??!!

Oh, I'm aware of how awesome your boat is Dave (picture of me on Aldora dock as pulls away :( ). The 'dig' was not directed at the Aldora, but at Chief's description of her (and the other boat's) passengers.... :wink:

No, that isnt what I said. The geriatric crew was not on the Felicity. The sandy-footed divers were. I set up a rinse bucket for our boat and they shared it. A clean boat is a happy boat as Carlos says.... It is a nice looking boat and fast in a relative sense. It always seems to be making good time when we overtake it.....

Blue Angel was on the AARP run with 20 year members. The triple-bird was only about half Social Security.....

That being said I hope I am still sitting on a boat at Palancar Pier when I am that old. Salud.

---------- Post added September 24th, 2013 at 12:14 AM ----------

If all the boats you saw today were "geriatric", what the heck do we call your boat, The Go To The White Light Special? :wink:

Hot Rod Yamaha?

[youtubehq]NjfPQnGpIjY[/youtubehq]

No, that isnt what I said. The geriatric crew was not on the Felicity. The sandy-footed divers were. I set up a rinse bucket for our boat and they shared it. A clean boat is a happy boat as Carlos says.... It is a nice looking boat and fast in a relative sense. It always seems to be making good time when we overtake it.....

Blue Angel was on the AARP run with 20 year members. The triple-bird was only about half Social Security.....

That being said I hope I am still sitting on a boat at Palancar Pier when I am that old. Salud.

---------- Post added September 24th, 2013 at 12:14 AM ----------

Hot Rod Yamaha?

[youtubehq]NjfPQnGpIjY[/youtubehq]

Dear Chief,

The harder you run your motors the more often it is gonna break and disappoint your customers...that is a fact. Anything over 25 kts is plenty adequate for Cozumel and Falicity takes it easy. The former arms race in who has the fastest boat cost a lot of money...especially me. But that stopped for most of us in the 90s when I grew up!

dave dillehay
aldora divers

So if this is the pier in question, why would a dive op plan on going to this pier at all? It it because of it's location?

You wouldn't think so. The question is: Is that the pier? It isn't "way south" but it matches otherwise....

I've been there a couple of times on an SI...mostly to get the "famous" tortas from the cart on the road near there (which once involved trekking through the jungle in bathrobes, but that's a whole 'nother story). One other time because we had heard rumor there were sometimes juvenile sharks hanging out under the limestone ledges and wanted to snorkel there to check it out. But all those times were with people who dove multiple days and got plenty of "pristine beach" experiences (including Cielo and Palancar other days) so we were all okay with it.

Skeeters were bad last week.

Cold and rainy, and the restaurants really seemed out to gouge tourists.

Otherwise it was pretty damned sweet. I only wish my diving hadn't been cut short by a bronchitis.

Just for the record, I love you Chief. With no cable tonight I laughed my ass off from your cartoons. HOw the heck did you post all of them?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

We were there for the cold rainy week. Cozumel is certainly a different experience without sun. Got all our dives in and saw the black tips at Palancar a couple times. Our last two trips have been to Cocoview. I was amazed at how quickly I noticed the superior numbers and size of fish in the Cozumel marine park VS the south side of Roatan. I was taken back by how pushy the vendors have become in town. Walking around San Miguel is just too much work to enjoy anymore. We went out of our way to visit the stores where the employees stayed inside and let us wander in on our own. With no strobe and poor sun all week the pics suffered, but here's a couple. Cozumel 9-12 066.jpgCozumel 9-13 079.jpgCozumel 9-13 097.jpgCozumel 9-13 103(2).jpgCozumel 9-13 107.jpgCozumel 9-16 109.jpg

Nice pics, and thanks for sharing. It never rains underwater :D

Cocoview has the record for the worst food for an A.I. bar none...... and no resturants anywhere close, without a boat ride.
We hijacked some dugouts and went to Fantasy Island... A trip I will never forget...:confused:
Great shark dive there......

Attachments

• AR20071205_003802.jpg
    AR20071205_003802.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 314
"Cocoview has the record for the worst food for an A.I. bar none..."

Didn't think the food at Cocoview was that bad, but my AI experience is limited to there and Scuba Club, and Scuba Club is definitely way better. I much prefer staying in town in Cozumel and it is a challenge to get to my favorite wonderful eateries, let alone a few new ones.
Worst thing about Cozumel for me is always having to leave... Oh and that time I arrived and was looking forward to that wonderful unique smell of sea and jungle when they open the door of the airplane when I get there..... but they had just resurfaced the tarmac.... :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom