You've Lost That Loving Feeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
apparently, when a couple falls in love, both the man and
the woman have a short (less than two years) change in
their testasterone levels (the guy has less, the woman has
more). thus, the man becomes more like a woman, and the woman becomes more like a man...

(which is about the only way the whole thing can possibly work, if you think about it).

two years later, the odd testosterone levels are gone, which is why guys would rather watch football and women would rather go shopping....

here's the story:

Falling in Love -- a Gender-Bending Experience

LONDON (Reuters) - Falling in love -- that crazy, blissful feeling -- causes gender-bender changes in men and women's testosterone levels.

A study by an Italian researcher shows that when couples fall in love their testosterone levels alter. It falls in men and rises in women so they become more like each other.

"Men who were in love had lower levels of the male sex hormone testosterone -- linked to aggression and sex drive -- than other men," New Scientist magazine said Wednesday.

"Love-struck women, in contrast, had higher levels of testosterone than their counterparts."

Donatella Marazziti, a scientist at the University of Pisa in Italy, made the discovery after studying 24 people in love.

"It's as if nature wants to eliminate what can be different in men and women, because it's important to survive at this stage," she said.

Not all scientists agree with Marazziti's interpretation of the results and some say changing testosterone levels could be a result of increased sexual activity.

But whatever the reason it doesn't last long.

Two years later, when the same people were tested again and were no longer madly in love, their testosterone levels were back to normal.

H2Andy:
apparently, when a couple falls in love, both the man and the woman have a short (less than two years) change in their testasterone levels (the guy has less, the woman has more). thus, the man becomes more like a woman, and the woman becomes more like a man...
(which is about the only way the whole thing can possibly work, if you think about it).

H2, the 2 year time frame may also have to do with how secure the woman may feel with her self and the relationship. It's around this time one eveluates the scenario. As well as how much she knows her partner (intimately) and otherwise.

Although being feminine is key... A woman may be more like a man. When she knows what she wants, and how she wants it. :crafty:

A study by an Italian researcher shows that when couples fall in love their testosterone levels alter. It falls in men and rises in women so they become more like each other.
This explains my uncontrollable desire to drink beer and scratch myself.

hahaha... women scratch themselves too, just in different places and usually when
nobody is looking!

It must be said, that around 1.5-2.5 years is the timeframe when many of my relationships have hit the wall, but i have to wonder about the whole testosterone decrease thing, i feel more "charged" when i first meet and during that first year or so, than after that, like i have got more testosterone - is it just me?

simbrooks:
It must be said, that around 1.5-2.5 years is the timeframe when many of my relationships have hit the wall, but i have to wonder about the whole testosterone decrease thing, i feel more "charged" when i first meet and during that first year or so, than after that, like i have got more testosterone - is it just me?

I haven't gotten any more aggressive in my relationship from what I can see. I am without a doubt the less dominate in this relationship. Maybe I am a freak!!! Oh wait, we already know that about me! :eyebrow:

My wife and I are still going strong. Its not totally like the first 7-8 months, a lil one can throw a little wrench into timing and when snuggly things happen, BUT overall we're still very affectionate to one another and not shy to show it. When its the right one, you know, and it doesnt stop irregardless of circumstances.

CBulla:
BUT overall we're still very affectionate to one another and not shy to show it.
We noticed in Ginnie at the BBQ campsite! :wink:

CBulla:
When its the right one, you know, and it doesnt stop irregardless of circumstances.

you got that right sir. my wife and i both have been married before and we know what it was like with our ex's. a week from tomorrow will be our 5th anniversary and things are better today than they were on the 1st day. God knew what he was doing when he put us together.

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom