Some storm, huh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How did everyone fare? Oahu hit hard. How about the other islands? Someone told me more to come. I need some sleep . . . .

still hitting pretty hard over here. Was thinking of diving, but now we've got thunder and lightning ... Rain is coming down in sheets and I figure if it's raining in Lahaina it must be raining worldwide :wink:

Also means I got the week off work as the boat doesn't run in bad weather.

Aloha, Tim

Well I heard rattling all night - got up at 3AM. Came to find out when the sun came up that part of my neighbors carport blew away - Roger said there were a lot of trees down where he goes walking. Cable, phone and internet have been on and off......electricity has been spotty too. The good thing is we didn't get flooded like last time.

our day progams were cancled....I know the HS around the corner closed early...and that lots of people didn't get anywhere today from the Winward side...it isn't pretty...

you can have the snow we are about to get. Don't want it, want my hawaii weather back!!
Hey Lisa- how have you been? How are the purple tanks working for you?

lost power for 8 hours! Even though residents have trees that can topple the power lines, the power company doesn't have the power to have them trimmed... and when the lines do come down the owners are not responsible... (so the power company told me)... seems like a flawed system especially when it's just an average storm and it takes down the ENTIRE island of Maui.. Looking back we were really lucky that hurricane missed us....

Sean

My only loss for the day was that internet went down for about an hour, so I had to use my cell phone for scubaboard :wink:

Power has fluctuated a few times but that's about it. It's actually been a fairly nice storm day up my way.

Aloha, Tim

lovin' the rain :)

Although my house usually gets blasted by wind, this is the seond windstorm that didn't impact us at all. Didn't even knock over any of the the plants on my lanai. In the winter, my ficus tree usually gets knocked over by the wind at least once a week!

There was a storm?!?!? (just kidding...) Here on Hickam it's just rained a lot, and since I work on base now, I don't have to worry about getting an outrigger out just to get to work, just have to hop a couple of puddles on the way! I did watch the news and am glad I wasn't up at North Shore today...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom