Home Remedy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spit.

One drop of Johnson's Baby Shampoo (No Tears variety) per lens. Smear it around and rinse with water (salt or fresh).

There appear to be medical reasons to avoid using spit. Nevertheless, a lot of divers do it that way.

I don't think Sea Drops works nearly as well as baby shampoo and the shampoo is cheaper.

Richard

This is the simplest and most effective way for me. I have tried the "expensive" solutions that you can buy, but none have worked as well for me as what I produce myself.

Toothpaste (non gel). Cleaned with a toothbrush. If that doesn't work, your LDS will have a scrub for it that's like the toothpaste. I normally give it a good scrub and let the paste sit in it for an hour or two then rinse. Before diving I'll use "spit" defogger (from my LDS). It's clear gel. Swab it around good. Rinse and go... if it doesn't work well for the first dive... repeat and it SHOULD work well there after.

One drop of Johnson's Baby Shampoo (No Tears variety) per lens. Smear it around and rinse with water (salt or fresh).

There appear to be medical reasons to avoid using spit. Nevertheless, a lot of divers do it that way.

I don't think Sea Drops works nearly as well as baby shampoo and the shampoo is cheaper.

Richard

I agree the baby shampoo works well, but there's just something wrong with the smell of baby at depth and saltwater taste in my mouth.

I use baby shampoo as well. Usually I mix about 25 or 30% baby shampoo with water and squirt a little in each lens, swish it around and dump it out. Seems to work great. The one time I forgot to bring it, I used spit, which also works well, but doesn't smell as pretty. No use for commercial drops anymore.

Richard
such as . . .
Toothpaste (non gel). Cleaned with a toothbrush. If that doesn't work, your LDS will have a scrub for it that's like the toothpaste. I normally give it a good scrub and let the paste sit in it for an hour or two then rinse. Before diving I'll use "spit" defogger (from my LDS). It's clear gel. Swab it around good. Rinse and go... if it doesn't work well for the first dive... repeat and it SHOULD work well there after.
I think I have used that on my ski googles, works well

Spit and baby shampo well thats what I will try. I heard one time that tooth paist would work but havent tried it.

Baby Shampoo, No Tears.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom