Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Diving in the Nude...

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos

In the buff?

Seen it many times times over the years, both male and female divers. There does seem to be some kind of unwritten rule, (Well, here on utila anyway) that DMTs reaching 100 dives must dive naked. If been asked to photo and video peolpe an quite a few occasions.
    Tips... The warmer the better... 28 (82) or above, as mentioned, watch out for stingy things, dive with people you don't know (less post dive stories...).
    Apart from that.... it's quite nice, apparantly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Keep wet - Keep Happy

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Johannesburg, South Africa (not close enough to the sea to my liking)
    Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by AdTravels View Post
    dive with people you don't know

There's something about this that I just don't get. If you don't want post dive stories, why do it in the first place? Or to put it this way, if you are going to do it with other people, why do it with people you DON'T know? That's like not doing it with other people at all - only, you have the awkwardness of kitting up in the buff on a boat full of strangers. Doesn't sound like the type of thing I would enjoy (either being the diver or one of the strangers) but maybe that's just me.
    If it ain't broke, then you need to fix your grammar.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24
    Photos
    you only live once. It would be a experence you would never forget.

Defender!

From reefs to deep space.

Dives
    50 - 99
    i highly recommend jacket-style BCD and not BP/wing. The crotch strap could prove problematic.

Hmm.. I might add this to my list for dive 100.

Photographer

The ocean is a lousy teacher.
    First you get a test, then a
    lesson.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    My ex and I did it in Hawaii once. 84F water, alone at 130 feet. I shot video, but she was out of shape then. I haven't watched the video in years.
    Screw you guys. I'm going diving---Jacques Cartman

Diving the Palos Verdes Peninsula

My Youtube videos

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMist333 View Post
    I'm toying with the idea of diving in the nude as a joke... any thoughts? suggestions? ideas?
    Nude under a wet suit...? or just nude in general haha

Divemaster Candidate

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyeview View Post
    Naked scuba is a lot like naked skydiving. The idea of it is a lot better than the reality of it.

Fire coral, sea lice, jelly fish, aggressive seargent majors, near sighted moray eels.....

Just watch the video of the divemaster getting his finger bitten off by the eel.

Scuba Instructor

I live... I burn with life...
    I love... I slay... and am
    content.- Conan

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    I like the 100th dive idea, but I missed that mark, maybe I will do it for #1000,

if it is like nudist camps at all, the people doing it are not always the people you want to SEE doing it, (yes that includes me)
    WASTIN' AWAY AGAIN....

Registered

has too many things going on!

Dives
    25 - 49
    Yea, we've done nude diving. There are great swaths of ocean that don't have critters. Do it in the "desert" areas with a good buddy! Warm water is really good. I had a bikini, easy to take off. Don't really wear rash guards that much. He had just trunks on, also easy to take off.

Sea lice is more of an issue once you get out of the water, and it's more in the areas covered by fabric. You shouldn't be brushing against the coral anyway, and around here the jellyfish is seasonal, so just don't do it during that season.

Divemaster
    Badge

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    If I had done my 100th dive in the nude, that would be impressive, as it was an ice dive on my birthday :-)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast