Save a dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knfmn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What does everyone reccomend for inclusion in a good save-a-dive kit? Are the ones you can buy online sufficient, or should I purchase some additional stuff as well?

Thanks,

Kristopher

Awesome. Somehow I completely failed to turn any of those threads up in my search!

Kristopher

Just start with some basic items and don't go too overboard at first. From time to time my kit could outfit 3 additional divers. As I get more and more things my kit grows and I have to thin it out occassionally. As time goes on you will acquire things and also figure out just what you do need or want. It got so bad I had people I didn't even know coming up to me and saying "I was told you might have.......".

Good that you got those threads from mselenaous. These are items I have used so far from the kit in 6 years: O rings. Mask strap. Several types of clips. I do recommend carrying a spare mask (at least on shore)--a lot easier than putting a new strap on when you're anxious to get back in the water.

My kit has expanded and currently occupies a tool box. Off the top of my head I have zip ties, wrenches, regulator and valve parts, batteries, mask straps, mouthpieces, spare hoses, o rings and a bunch of other random stuff. When I go on a boat dive I'll either take the whole toolbox if it's on my friends boat or I condense it to some essentials and toss those in a smaller waterproof box. When traveling I condense it a little more and pack it in my bag. I'll toss it in my car and bring it to the next meeting I go to.

Greetings Knfmn I woud not forget to add Aqua-Seal and duck tape to the kit.
It does on hurt to hide extra Bonine in your dive bag it has saved more than my dive.
I like to carry extra hoses , O-rings, even regulators when I can.
Extra cash in a out of site space or other means of payment in a jam!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Start with the commercial "Save a Dive Kit" so you have extra tank O-rings. Then expand into the room you have, depending on how hard you are on gear, and how handy you are. Personally, it is an extremely rare occasion I have to work on my own gear at the dive site.

Bob
------------------------------
There is no problem that can't be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, duct tape, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order.

Mine is a save-a-boat-dive kit. It includes SPARK PLUGS! and flares. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom