Cozumel Dive Trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver63

Reaction score
I am going diving in Cozumel in May. I was wondering if anyone can recomend a good dive shop to use that might offer dive packages for 3 days of diving. Thanks!

Contact Christi at
"Blue XT~Sea Diving" <info@bluextseadiving.com>

We just came back from a single dive trip
http://www.scubaboard.com/t91851-thank-you-coz-singles.html is the link. Look into it she was the best.

5ª Av. Sur, between Calle 13 y Calle a5
Locale #3
Cozumel, Q. Roo, Mexico, 77600
This is the street that runs behind Chedraui and the new bowling alley.
It is directly behind the Municipal building and the big empty lot. It is walk able
from most places in town including Hotel Cozumel, Cozumel Palace, El Cantil Condos, Corpus Christi homes, and downtown. Parking is easy and there are no downtown crowds to fight.

I went there 2 years ago. After doing much research I went with Aldora Divers. Here is why I chose them.

1. They use HP steel 120 tanks and computer aided multi-level dives.
2. Small fast boats. Max 8 divers, Avg. 4. First to the popular dive sites.
3. Very knowledgeable DMs and boat captains
4. Scubadiving.com gave them an A rating.

I was very impressed with their operation and would definitely use them again.

Hope this helps.

Aaron.

I agree with Mark in using Blue XT Sea Diving! I was on the Singles trip and had a great time. Christi, who is the owner, provides top service.

There is really no need in using Steel 120's unless you are really an air hog. Most operations use AL 80's which is fine for most of the cool stuff to see is in the shallows.

Blue XT Sea Diving also has top notch Captains, DMs, and instructors who follow multilevel diving protocol. In my humble opinion, I would think all operations would due to the varying reef structures.

Contact Christi through her web site: http://www.BlueXTSeaDiving.com Tell her Jan from Ca said *Hello*.

PS. Don't know if you get cold, but I wish I had taken my 7mm with me from California. I dove in just a skin, and got cold after my second dive. Our dives ranged in 60-90 minute BTs (90 in front of the Hotel) ALL on AL 80's!!!

If Christi is booked Try www.bottomtimedivers.net Raul left Christi Last June to go out on his own. He worked for 15 years at Blue bubble then went to Christi. Even though he was only there for a few months he put his expertise with Blue Bubble and Christi together and started Bottom Time. He has many of the same services as Christi and is a great divemaster. He will bend over backwards forward and sideways to make sure you get some great dives.
Lou

Diver_Jan:
I agree with Mark in using Blue XT Sea Diving! I was on the Singles trip and had a great time. Christi, who is the owner, provides top service.

There is really no need in using Steel 120's unless you are really an air hog. Most operations use AL 80's which is fine for most of the cool stuff to see is in the shallows.

Blue XT Sea Diving also has top notch Captains, DMs, and instructors who follow multilevel diving protocol. In my humble opinion, I would think all operations would due to the varying reef structures.

Contact Christi through her web site: http://www.BlueXTSeaDiving.com Tell her Jan from Ca said *Hello*.

PS. Don't know if you get cold, but I wish I had taken my 7mm with me from California. I dove in just a skin, and got cold after my second dive. Our dives ranged in 60-90 minute BTs (90 in front of the Hotel) ALL on AL 80's!!!

Well Jan, I think there is a reason.

I dive steel 100’s with Aldora, have been for ten years and I am pretty easy on the air. When diving with Aldora all divers use computers so we can do multi level. On the southern sites, skills permitting, we start over the wall 90 – 120 feet then come back over the top for the second portion of the dive. Even with the depths we avoid deco and spend an hour or more under water. I usually come up with a generous reserve which is really nice because sometimes others need it. An aluminum 80 under these circumstances would not work for most divers.

As for temperature I always wear a 3 mil jump suit. The only time I get cold in that is when I do four one-hour deep dives in a day and that only happened in February.

I am headed for Cozumel with Aldora on Sunday to check out the temperature in person!

if Christi and Bottom Time Divers are booked, a third choice is Dive with Martin. excellent dive op, very good DM's and captains, less than 6 divers per boat. the cheapest prices that i have found on the island, cash only.
this year he is collecting used prescription glasses and hearing aids for charity and giving discounts for them. see his website for more info www.divewithmartin.com
We will be diving with him ourselves May 4th - 13th.
All three are very highly recommended dive ops

abrown203:
I went there 2 years ago. After doing much research I went with Aldora Divers. Here is why I chose them.

1. They use HP steel 120 tanks and computer aided multi-level dives.
2. Small fast boats. Max 8 divers, Avg. 4. First to the popular dive sites.
3. Very knowledgeable DMs and boat captains
4. Scubadiving.com gave them an A rating.

I was very impressed with their operation and would definitely use them again.

Hope this helps.

Aaron.

I second Aarons suggestion as I have used Aldora many times. I would also add that I can not remember ever having a dive with Aldora less than 60 minutes. Even Deep dives below 100'. Oh wait, yes I can, sorry. Maraciabo and Devils throat are both going to be less than an hour. I believe the last DT dive was about 47 minutes. I have had many dives of an hour and a half with them on 2nd dives. They do a wonderful job. More expensive but Bottom time is what you have to consider. Have a great trip Aaron.

sharky60:
if Christi and Bottom Time Divers are booked, a third choice is Dive with Martin. excellent dive op, very good DM's and captains, less than 6 divers per boat. the cheapest prices that i have found on the island, cash only.
this year he is collecting used prescription glasses and hearing aids for charity and giving discounts for them. see his website for more info www.divewithmartin.com
We will be diving with him ourselves May 4th - 13th.
All three are very highly recommended dive ops

I think Papa Hogs has better prices than DWM, and is an operation I have used before and will be using again in a few days. Agree that I have heard many good things about Christi's operation though I have yet to dive with her myself. Thinking of booking a day with her next week just to see what all the hoopla is about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom