Travel Fins for a Jet Fin Lover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out the Zeagle fin - It looks different, and is quite flexible but will keep up with just about everything available. The fit is awesome and you can wear it with or without booties. I prefer the booties for long dives or trips. I wear them all the time and can swim backwards as easily as forwards. They can't weigh more than a pound each and travel flat. I have jet fins that I have worn for 25 years and use the Zeagle whenever I travel.

If you're a Jet Fin Lover, why not take your Jet Fins when you travel, instead of letting the airline make you choose a pair you wouldn't otherwise consider using? In another current thread on this very forum
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/346673-best-fins-get.html
Walter wrote, when reminded of the weight factor:
So I pack fewer clothes and buy some T-shirts at my destination, leave the tooth paste and tooth brush at home. They sell those everywhere. I'll take my Jets.
Under the same circumstances, I'd do the same. I snorkel with traditional all-rubber full-foot fins wherever I am and nothing would persuade me to swim with tupperware fins instead just because they're lighter.

Traveling light and divers are rarely compatable. I am astounded by the huge roller bags most divers show up with. I have done plenty trips with a small day pack, and fin length is a critical measure. For years I would use my wifes tiny TUSA liberator fins with no problem, who really needs a big honking fin. I doubt the OP is going to be pushing doubles on his trips. My current travel fin is a Tekna Spectra-fin, but I don't think they are made anymore. I did use rental full foot fins in Viet-Nam and they felt weird to me. I'd seriously consider the APS Mantarays, they seem to get great performance considering their size. Check out the reviews.

I tried packing my Jets and they just take up too much space in my carry on.

I am thinking the Scubapro Protenza may now be in the lead. A buddy had them today and they did not look too floppy and were light weight. As his feet are three sizes too big I did not try them out. I will need to.

Isn't the Force Fin line fairly short? Mor Fin has a short one as well but neither are of the standard variety.

For sure OMS Slipstreams are lighter then the Jets, up to you in my opinion they are the only two fins. Full foots or smaller you will sacrifice, just depends on how much you want to give...

If you want to travel light and still have a really good fin. Go with the Mares Superchannel.

It's a full footed fin but it's an excellent fin. Can't recommend it enough.

The Slipstream is a great deal lighter than the Jet Fins. But if you don't mind the weight stick with the Jet Fins.

I bought the next size down in the Jets. I couldn't give them up and went with a thinner boot. They now fit in my carry on with my BP/W and everything else I need. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom