A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ringo,
I've been busy, very busy this year. Too busy maybe?
But I'll be home in a few days time. And yes, I'd love to do a couple of dives but first have to buy chocolates for the kids and a pair of shoes for the wife. I'll pop-in when I'm in the neighborhood! Say Hi to K.

The weather is crap and I mean CRAP, the water is warm, the people are friendly the diving sucks and the visibility is poor. It sure beats diving in a lake in Kelowna. Did I mention the crappy weather :D

I just want you all to know that I have the people of Thailand in my heart. Two years in a row we've had to cancel our plans to go to Thailand for medical relief work - but we still plan to go and work. And of course we'll be diving with Marcia at Gekko Divers (Phuket) who will make all the arrangements for both sides of Thailand! The previous summer we were at Japan - 2 nieces and a brother in law were in the Tsunami Area for relief work. Hopefully Thailand will be soon. So if I could add:

reason 320: Thailand is a place for wonderful diving, but it also a place that one can serve a very needy general population and do something for mankind. You can go - not to just take for your pleasure, but also to give which has wonderful rewards!

reason 320: Thailand is a place for wonderful diving, but it also a place that one can serve a very needy general population and do something for mankind. You can go - not to just take for your pleasure, but also to give which has wonderful rewards!

And if anyone would like to reach out to help, but can't come at the moment, consider making a donation to the Thai Red Cross (information in the green banner on the website), through a branch of Rotary International such as the Club of Patong (click on the floating "HELP" image for bank details), or though another non-profit charitable organization. I would be happy to try to facilitate your donation to either of these entitites if you wish.

And a few weeks ago, there was the potential to dive with the escaped crocodiles just outside Pattaya. the window of oportunity was quite small as the flood only lasted a day and they caught 'all' of the croc's quite quickly, however a couple of weeks later one was found about 60km away near Rayong and as far as I am aware its origin is still a mystery?

The Bangkok Governor saids that " Crocodiles doesn't swim at night time.. "
so you will be safe to do a night dive.. =P

PS. do not stay near by the tree and you will be safe from those luxury imported green Mambas! =P

Reason #322 - Handmade Bamboo Birdcages with Fancy Silk Covers

birds.jpg

Reason # 324: Phuket's FREE “World Musiq Festival” at Saphan Hin in Phuket Town from December 2 to 5, 2011. (in honor of the 84th birthday of HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej on December 5)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom