I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hah! Never thought of it like that. I knew better than to mow that close.

Never heard cave divers being referred to as Zombies. :D :D :D

So, even after the afternoon of mowing, I went back into the shop and put up a few more sections of foam. Life is good.

Like I keep trying to impart to my Dad; TRY TO STOP HURTING YOURSELF JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN.......or else..... the beatings will continue.

The lawn is mowed, but I lost my glasses. Tree limb snatched them off and I just can't seem to find them. Very, very frustrating.
Metal framed glasses? Do you have a friend with a metal detector? For that matter, rumors are that Spanish conquistador gold is still out there somewhere, so you might want to metal detector the whole property.

I took Silt outside for her first foray. She did not want me to put her down, but I put her on the porch anyway. Ma~ joined us, the weather is simply perfect outside, and she tried to get Silt to play. Silt was convinced we were trying to use her as hawk bait. I opened the front door and Silt levitated through the front door in a millisecond. 2 phreakin phunni.

Reactions: mdb
The owls also get cats up there in that God forsaken place....

I took Silt outside for her first foray. She did not want me to put her down, but I put her on the porch anyway. Ma~ joined us, the weather is simply perfect outside, and she tried to get Silt to play. Silt was convinced we were trying to use her as hawk bait. I opened the front door and Silt levitated through the front door in a millisecond. 2 phreakin phunni.

Nice post-We once had a nice white cat-now gone.

When San Francisco had a big quake, sometime back, Zoe was sitting on my lap in the living room.

A few minutes before the earthquake struck every hair on her back went straight up and she
"levitated' for the back door. I opened the door and she ran out.

I yelled to my good girl, who was in a bedroom doing homework with our youngest son,-take cover get under a desk, something's happening. And then the earthquake struck, pools were emptying, water mains fracturing, the Bay Bridge collapsing.

Animals have great instincts

Last edited:
in that God forsaken place....
Au contraire! I see God just about everywhere up here. I feel kind of guilty staying inside today. I really want to see Patsy's game.

Update... the knee is still limiting me. I did manage to finish the insulation on the one wall and have moved to putting it up on the back wall. It's slow because I can't walk very fast. When the knee really starts to ache, I get on the mower. I mowed about 3/4 of one of the fields (3+ acres). The grass is about 30" high and then there are the 'bushes' all over the place. Dayum! I have to mow every pass twice and some three or four times. I popped the drive belt for the second time, a new one has been ordered and it should be here tomorrow. You can see just how high it is one the left side of the second picture.
zvUv7LccOW_-LSucfh9cfm6BwNS4J_euZAv4qp_fCdW-GZALaARlHvDw6vVJrT2fXO-nj212XbbicRcg1w=w1224-h918-no.jpg

fys0qHidlMYgi4sdr650fCwYTcZ8_fx55qfLhF2eOWmi3GjglSXxZ_xwyG3yTst1IOOwWFtu92l6GHiyaM=w1224-h918-no.jpg

Wow, that looks beautiful.......................are you going to get a pony?

I am sitting in a Garden Lecture on replacing lawn with butterfly and bird feeding native species, and thinking it could save you all that lawn mowing. I woul post list, but it is New England species, not florida. Magnolia is big everywhere.

are you going to get a pony?
I've got five or six ponies already. Some are labled Oxygen: 20'MOD, some are for air and others are labled 50%. That is what we're talking about, right??? :D :D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom