Florida Diver Attacked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spearfishing... hmmm. Feel no remorse.

How do you like your seafood caught? Longline,Trawl net, Trapped!
All far more inhumane that spearfishing. Why don't you enlighten us why you are so against spearfishing.

Wishing a speedy recovery from a scenario I wish upon no one.

If you are going to hunt, you need to accept that you can be hunted. I you difinition of liberty one in which you can do anything you want with zero consequences?

It doesn't mean people should feel no remorse or wish harm on someone. Don't put words in my mouth.

I bear hunt and understand the risks, I don't expect sympathy from some internet schmuck, but I also don't expect flippancy.

It doesn't mean people should feel no remorse or wish harm on someone. Don't put words in my mouth.

I bear hunt and understand the risks, I don't expect sympathy from some internet schmuck, but I also don't expect flippancy.

Do you do it with a spear? If so, how do you walk with two huge brass things dangling??

Can we stay on topic, please?

In the news it was apparent that he had been transferred to that boat. The diver claims it was a 20 ft bull shark. Bulls only get to about 12 ft, so he either missed the size or missed the species. He was 40 yo and hunting at the time.

In the news it was apparent that he had been transferred to that boat. The diver claims it was a 20 ft bull shark. Bulls only get to about 12 ft, so he either missed the size or missed the species. He was 40 yo and hunting at the time.
This thread is why we need Dumster Diver back

Fair bet that bull was under 10; 6-8 is a more common size range. I still remember a bite up near St. Augustine about seven years ago where the victim claimed he had been attacked in the surf by a six-foot bull shark. Whatever it was seemed to have a hard time getting his three outside toes in its mouth, judging by the arc of punctures on top of his foot.

Wow, so open minded and tolerant of someone with different system of values.
It has nothing to do with how I feel I should eat my fish... sharks these days are being pressured so they move in to shore to find their food. A spear fisherman is only asking for it due to this clear ecological change so I feel absolutely zero remorse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom