Drysuit Diving What do you need...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hated wool until I got Icebreaker merino garments. They're awfully close to cotton in comfort and I totally forget I'm wearing wool base layers. I got the thickest ones I could find: Anatomica T-shirt plus 260gm Tech long sleeve on top, 260gm Tech pants, all under my Fusion undergarment. I think the Oasis is just the thinner version (200gm). The long sleeve shirt is my favourite.

The 260gm pants feel like thinner material than the 260gm top, which seems odd. They can also snag and get holes if you're not careful. But they are nice and warm, don't smell, and dry pretty quickly. They are meant to be worn under something, but often I'll drive out to the dive site and dive shop in them. They've gone probably 200 dives and have lasted well, with just a small hole from snagging on my twinset bolts while lifting.

I'm in FL. I wear Puma sweatpants and a fuzzy gap sweater under my drysuit. I had a real DUI pajama insulation suit, it was hot as hell so I sold it.

I'm in FL. I wear Puma sweatpants and a fuzzy gap sweater under my drysuit. I had a real DUI pajama insulation suit, it was hot as hell so I sold it.

I have the DUI 300 undersuit. New and buoyant as hell. Nice and warm, though.

Just ordered the Icebreaker Oasis 200 top pants and socks for my base layer, hoping for good things.

And it was $110 cheaper than the Exotherm set so that a bonus :)

So you're saying nothing else matters but fit?
Fit is most important. A lot of stuff matters, but if the suit doesn't fit decently it'll suck no matter the other stuff.

Shorts, or at least short skirts (for women) and T-shirts (for men) are normal evening wear in some parts of the UK on a winter night out. Pre - Covid.

https://newcastleuncovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Geordie-snow-3.jpg

Normal Newcastle dress for winter! (And yes, that is snow).

For the semester of school that I spent during high school in Racine, WI the cheerleaders would still wear their usual top and skirt to school. Even during winter, though they would wear sweats under the skirt and a varsity jacket over the top. So I am not surprised to see club goers still dressing that way.

Though I am disappointed that the Bermuda Suit isn't acceptable fashion in Florida.

Finally got my condom catheters in, and tried one. Snug but no uncomfortable after wearing it for an hour. The remove adhesive remover really worked well. I am going to half to use this for band-aides and other similar things pasted to even less sensitive areas of my body.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom