Drysuit Diving What do you need...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been really enjoying Helly Hansen Lifa Merino base layers. I know it's for winter sports but I have yet to find a more comfortable and wicking base layer.

I know it's for winter sports
And what, exactly, is the difference between winter sports (where you should expect to get damp) and drysuit diving (where you should expect to get damp)?

Yes, I know. Rhetorical question.

I ended up swapping my Icebreaker 200s for 260s, the 200s were that thin they were almost see through lol
Nothing to do with warmth, I just thought they'd last a bit longer.

Well my drysuit should be coming in the next month [...] What else do I need?

You will need a lot of time under water! I did! Controlling the buoyancy of a drysuit is not trivial!!!

If you only dive no-stop, there's a fair chance that you won't need the condom caths. I've dived dry since '12 (single tank) and have never considered starting to glue a condom to my junk. Don't even have a P-valve on my suit.

Same here! Max dive 120 minutes and no need to pee!

Drysuit should come in next week. Unfortunately my water prosthetic is still a work in progress. But I just got a new leg, so I can use the old leg for a big as a water leg in the suit.

And it looks like I might need dry gloves after all. I am thinking about doing a dive in Lake Mead in July. Apparently the bottom temps are 50-60 F.

Drysuit should come in next week. Unfortunately my water prosthetic is still a work in progress. But I just got a new leg, so I can use the old leg for a big as a water leg in the suit.

And it looks like I might need dry gloves after all. I am thinking about doing a dive in Lake Mead in July. Apparently the bottom temps are 50-60 F.

What do you have for wrist rings on the new suit?

If you are looking at dry gloves, I would consider either just a pull over or the Rolock system

If you are looking at dry gloves, I would consider either just a pull over or the Rolock system

I love my pullovers. That's what I was going to suggest, depending on what he's got for rings on the new suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom