• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

47 Meters Down: The Next Chapter

Discussion in 'Scuba Diving TV & Movies' started by divinh, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Scuba-74

Scuba-74 Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I watched the first one only because I'm making an effort to watch all diving-related movies out there. There aren't that many of them unfortunately, and I may very well have watched all of them.

I may wait on watching the sequel until after this summer season is over. We had two unprovoked attacks here in MA last summer, one fatal. I'm positive we will have more this summer and I already feel very uneasy every time I enter the water.

2. BikerBecca

BikerBecca ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Have you seen Pressure? I really enjoyed that one.

АлександрД and divinh like this.
  3. Scuba-74

Scuba-74 Barracuda

I have not seen this one! Thanks for the link, I'll definitely put it on my list.

Sounds like the plot is similar to a Norwegian movie "The Dive" (Dykket (1989) - IMDb), which is one of the best diving movies I've watched.

4. Storker

Storker Divemaster

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I was thinking that that movie basically went un-noticed outside our borders. I think it's way cool that it was noticed on the other side of the pond.

Scuba-74 likes this.
  5. Scuba-74

Scuba-74 Barracuda

It's a great movie. Not easy to find though. I also watched Pionér (2013) - IMDb, but liked it less than the dive. Way too dark even for my liking.

divinh likes this.
  6. Storker

Storker Divemaster

You won't see me disagreeing.

EDIT: I guess Pioneer is less generic across borders. But the efforts done and the price paid by the pioneer divers can't be appreciated too much. A lot of what those guys did has contributed immensely to what we know today about extreme dives. And they weren't paid a dime for that. And many of them paid for that with their health. Both physically and mentally.

7. BikerBecca

BikerBecca ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Oh Wow! Pioneer looks good!

8. Vicko

Vicko Barracuda

I believe they really missed a great opportunity not calling it 48 meters down.

I quite enjoyed the first one, hope the second one is worse so I can enjoy it even more.

eleniel and Scuba-74 like this.
  9. virtualRuben

virtualRuben Angel Fish

Why use only footage from the first film? Couldn't they have shot anything original for the teaser? Kinda lazy...

10. Jared0425

Jared0425 Public Safety Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I guess making the Great White into a primary Human eating animal still sells 40+ years after Jaws came out. So does part 3 have Megalodon, Godzilla, and the Kraken from Pirates of the Caribbean in it? And can we make it feet instead of meters for the primary audience who buys into this crap (Americans)? We still use the standard system. Fathoms are also acceptable...

eleniel and BikerBecca like this.