50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking to retire in the next couple of years, and teaching diving seems like a great way to stay active and out of my wife's hair
So long as you don't expect to make any money out of it!!

I'm just sorry I didn't discover diving much earlier in life. After a couple hundred jumps, my wife decided I needed to find another activity rather than skydiving
You can combine them, you know! I have 4000+ dives underwater and 1000 above water, and I find they go well together. Not at the same time of course:).

You can combine them, you know! I have 4000+ dives underwater and 1000 above water, and I find they go well together. Not at the same time of course:).

Heck, I'd just log the 1000 above water dives as altitude diving!:D

+9
I live in Reno, NV
I dive mostly the Channel Islands off the Coast of California

Cayman's 91 Been to Bahamas 2x, 2002 & 2007, Cozumel 2001, Galapagos Is, 2006, Pt. Hardy 2007 and looking forward to Egypt & the Red Sea 10/08

Yep - putting those little red pins in all the good dive sites.

My favorite shop is Sierra Diving Center, Reno

OW 89, AOW 89, Rescue 03.

As soon as work allows (less of it) I'm going to get my DM

Scuba diving has been a one-way transfer of wealth since day one. I don't expect that to change . . . maybe just slow down a bit. Thanx.

I would strongly agree that scuba is a one-way transfer of money, but the returns on intangible wealth (health, enjoyment, QoL, etc.) are enormous!

My point was not that scuba diving is a one-way transfer of wealth - of course it is - but that operating a scuba business also constitutes a one-way transfer of wealth.

My husband just celebrated his 50th birthday (I'll be there next year!)

Where do you live?: Palm Bay, FL
Where do you dive?: All over, mainly warm water
Favorite dive shop?: JnD Scuba of Melbourne, FL
Current certification?: AOW, working on rescue course

Hey, I'm 53 but sure don't feel grumpy about it. There are a lot of younger folks...an awful lot...who are less active and more grumpy than me and the other 50+ divers I know.

Let's ditch the "elderly" tag.

TCarp:coffee:

Hi,
I'm 61 going on 62, no longer grumpy(since retirement...)and a new open water certified guy.
My son-in-law and I took lessons in Keizer OR and did the open water certification in Cay Caulker,
Belize, with Frenchies Dive Shop. That's it for ALL my dives, but we might be coming back to
Kauai(been several times before diving)with wife, daughter and son-in-law.
So...I'm looking around for Kauai dive info.

Gary in Oregon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom