6th Annual after ThanksGiving Turkey Fry & CleanUp 11/29/08 Sponsored IPB ScubaQuest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo-hoo - our permit is on its way!

:bananalama::wave::bananalama:

After some lengthy discussions, we will be going to the spot next to Sharkys where we enter as if we were going to Sharkys and head off to the left. My contact with the county said she would put the address on the permit so once I get the permit I will correct the address.

Additionally, AnnMarie (county contact) has asked we do a bit of a clean-up. Typically an event of this type can be expensive and the county charges by the hour. However, if we are willing to pick up any junk we see on our dives, and be stewards of the sea, this fee is waived. A win-win. Personally I, like many of you, am always picking up stuff anywhoozle. :)

For any worried about parking; I was assured by AnnMarie this is not going to be an issue. Again, come in the lot and head off to the left - same as you will do when you walk onto the beach.

There are two two pole shelters at our spot. Underneath the shelters are grills, this is where we will set up the fryer :)

Around the pier you will find numerous pig, cow, lamb, etc bones. Sharkfishermen use them for chum.

I was there on Monday and I think we did see some dog or chicken bones. They definitely were not fossilized. Conditions were terrible for Venice with the north wind but we found a few good bones. (partial mammoth tooth; partial alligator back plate; horse tooth; and unknown vertebrate)

Ummm..................When you head into Sharky's I think you're gonna want to head to the right. That's where the bath house is.

Woo-hoo - our permit is on its way!

:bananalama::wave::bananalama:

After some lengthy discussions, we will be going to the spot next to Sharkys where we enter as if we were going to Sharkys and head off to the left. My contact with the county said she would put the address on the permit so once I get the permit I will correct the address.

Additionally, AnnMarie (county contact) has asked we do a bit of a clean-up. Typically an event of this type can be expensive and the county charges by the hour. However, if we are willing to pick up any junk we see on our dives, and be stewards of the sea, this fee is waived. A win-win. Personally I, like many of you, am always picking up stuff anywhoozle. :)

For any worried about parking; I was assured by AnnMarie this is not going to be an issue. Again, come in the lot and head off to the left - same as you will do when you walk onto the beach.

There are two two pole shelters at our spot. Underneath the shelters are grills, this is where we will set up the fryer :)

Great job Tracey!

Okay first post has been updated. My apologies for taking so long - this was a first for me. Anywhoozle, I have an email copy of the permit - thanks Ann Marie and the hard copy is being mailed to me. Let me just say AnnMarie was super nice and helpful as could be. Also thanks to Paul at ScubaQuest for getting the cert of flame resistance over to AnnMarie so quickly - you were like white on rice :) I appreciate, it as I'm sure the others do as well.

Now about the food; I'm thinking it would be a good idea to have me taste all the good stuff before setting it out, agreed? *Miss thinking there are a couple things I'd run off with* :rofl3:

Now let's get this party hoppin' :bananalama:

I've locked in one fryer, and if Truck1 can't make it, I'll pick up his. That gives us at least 2 birds/hour. If we have more birds... we may need another fryer. That's if we want to eat together...

Put me down for the fryers, the oil, and Pepsi products.

I've locked in one fryer, and if Truck1 can't make it, I'll pick up his. That gives us at least 2 birds/hour. If we have more birds... we may need another fryer. That's if we want to eat together...

Put me down for the fryers, the oil, and Pepsi products.

Suhweet! Going to put you down now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom