A new dive computer from Oceans, with built-in buddy communication

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One ping, one ping only Vasily. Sorry, off topic but I had to.

I am picturing a military adaptation with a few "ping" options, as well as this driving sonars a little bit up the wall.

One ping, one ping only

Ping, n.: the amount of bitcoins lost when a CEO of a bitcoin exchange dies without telling anyone the password to the company's vault. :rofl3:

It's useful if you are not holding on to your buddy 100% of the time.

E.g. my wife once watched an eagle ray raise from the sand, shake the silt off, and slowly move away while I was photographing a rockfish or something around the corner and a couple metres down. So we have a pair of ultrasonic pingers now.

Do you have a link to the pingers you use?

Do you have a link to the pingers you use?

It appears it's been borged by DiveAlert. Hopefully they won't do a Subgravity on it.

It looks like these are actually shipping now; [1] claims 14 day delay. Normally I wouldn't put much faith in that but I saw a post on the subsurface list from someone who had one and wanted subsurface support.

[1]: Oceans, the scuba community

An update: Oceans S1 Supersonic, the first wearable dive computer with built-in buddy comms, is now available at oceans.io/s1. Shipping worldwide and comes in Yellow, Blue, Coral and Black colorways.

CFR_kkYp3w2

It looks nice and the ping concept is interesting but when Anni pings me does it tell me where or what direction she happens to be? Otherwise isn’t it just an electronic tank banger?

It looks nice and the ping concept is interesting but when Anni pings me does it tell me where or what direction she happens to be? Otherwise isn’t it just an electronic tank banger?

Yes. When our buddywatcher buzzes, you can't miss it and you know it's meant for you. But other than that it is just a fancy tank banger. If you don't know what direction your buddy is, you should brush up on your buddy skills.

Back
Top Bottom