A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Thailand we do not have shark "attack" problems.
The only real shark problem I think we are having is that we have way to few sharks left in our waters.

Yes, I agree entirely, its a long time since I have had the pleasure.

At the same time some sharks in Egyptian waters have now been hunted and killed and if a few more incidents happen who knows, maybe a full-scale war on sharks will be the result. Kill 'm all!

I would hope that they may learn from others past mistakes and realise how foolish such actions are.
At the end of the day we chose to go diving, a sport that has risks attatched, we all have the right to chose our own acceptable risk levels.
For those that dont wish to risk entering the sharks environment, simply dont bother, go and dive somewhere else.
But I dare say those following such foolish ideas are acting purely on commercial interests as the prosperity of the marine ecosystem is quite clearly not entering into their minds.

I would hope that they may learn from others past mistakes and realise how foolish such actions are.
At the end of the day we chose to go diving, a sport that has risks attatched, we all have the right to chose our own acceptable risk levels.
For those that dont wish to risk entering the sharks environment, simply dont bother, go and dive somewhere else.
But I dare say those following such foolish ideas are acting purely on commercial interests as the prosperity of the marine ecosystem is quite clearly not entering into their minds.

It's kinda weird:

Divers want to see sharks.
Dive resorts "promise" sharks to their divers.
Divers / swimmers get "attacked" by sharks.
Sharks are suddenly the bogey-man.
Dive resorts close their business for a while.
Local authorities and people from the private sector agree on killing sharks.
Sharks are killed and dive resorts open again.
Divers want to see sharks.
Dive resorts "promise" sharks to their divers.

:idk:

Reason 182: The Thi Lo Su Waterfall (or Namtok Thi Lo Su) in Tak Province.
most beautiful waterfall of Thailand, largest waterfall in South East Asia and rated 6th prettiest vertical falls of the world)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom