Add Excitment to a boring dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tek Adventure Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was wonder what are somethings that people do when a dive get boring but still have lots of air. I go to some quarrys quite abit and i get kinda bored sometimes after practising skills and exploring the quarry, so what other fun things can i do??

Never get bored diving come on.....:11:

Scoooooooootering.

take up photography, You are never bored and it is great for your boyancy skills

Think about the option.

Bring a lemon - loads of fun.

Bring other UW toys (torpedos, frisbees, etc.)

Bring a book (a cheap $.50 paperback crotch novel or western.... it will last 1 dive)

Practice blowing the perfect bubble ring

Bring a camera and work on learning how to shoot in manual mode

Build a reef one cinder block at a time

Calculate your gas usage on the fly

Make your guess at what your average depth for this dive was... then check when you get out. A few times and you'll be able to nail any dive of any length and any depth within a foot or two

Dream of building the perfect home fill station - and do the math so you know how many friends you need to bring in on it to make it pay off... in the next 5 years!

Bring wetnotes and sketch

Think of all the stuff you could eBay when you get home so you can either buy or upgrade your drysuit

See how long you can hover motionless - I mean not a move. No finning, no hand jive, no nothing. Just your breath and your CG to keep you perfectly still for a minute. Then rise up 2 feet and do it again, then rise up 2 feet and do it again

Work on your back kick... unless you think its perfect as is :rolleyes:

Laminate a local fish ID card, and start memorizing the names of all of the fishies and creatures in your local environment. Quiz yourself with the laminated card on your stop.

Bring a friend to the site. That always makes things fresher. Become the tour guide instead of the tourist!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could go on and on. There are a zillion things "to do" if your current dive sites are getting stale. Some involve honing your watermanship, some involve knowing the site better, some involve just playing around.

There are few dives as boring as Vets park in SoCal. Aside from never knowing what will show up on any given night, its pretty much same ol'. same ol' - and I still dive there 2 to 3 times a week. As principal dive buddy Claudette always says, "you bring your own fun...."

Put your mind to it, and you'll come up with your own list.

---
Ken

Tek Adventure Diver:
I was wonder what are somethings that people do when a dive get boring but still have lots of air. I go to some quarrys quite abit and i get kinda bored sometimes after practising skills and exploring the quarry, so what other fun things can i do??

Sleep with a woman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom