Air Integrated Wrist Computers in the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ratio computers are very hard to find in the US. The site you supplied only had the iDive Color Easy and Deep models, no Tech+. I am familiar with Ratio computers and have added the iDive Color computers to the list.
Hog/Edge Gear distributes Ratio computers in North America.

Hog/Edge Gear distributes Ratio computers in North America.
Yes, I thought I knew that, don't see the products on their website, nor do I readily see them in stores

I was going to ask for a column listing allowed number of transmitters. After looking a while this request yeilds data far beyond my expected use:

MK1 - 5
DSX - 6
DX - 11
Genius - 5
Teric - 4
EON - 20
Perdix - 4
G2 - 8
Sirius - 5
IX3m Tek - 10
IDive Tek - 10
G2 - 8
i770r - 4

I was going to ask for a column listing allowed number of transmitters. After looking a while this request yeilds data far beyond my expected use:

MK1 - 5
DSX - 6
DX - 11
Genius - 5
Teric - 4
EON - 20
Perdix - 4
G2 - 8
Sirius - 5
IX3m Tek - 10
IDive Tek - 10
G2 - 8
i770r - 4
I just need one :)

See last spreadsheet posted for update

Added Scubapro G3

1693068505166.png

1693068525789.png

Thanks for posting all that, @scubadada! That's a lot of work to ferret out all that info!

This is especially helpful for me because I've been telling my friend that owns my shop that we should start stocking the Geo Air.

We currently only sell Shearwater computers. I have been telling him that I think the Geo Air is a good alternative to the Peregrine. For people who want AI, but don't want to spend for a Perdix, I have been saying that the Geo Air is the best option on the market.

And, for a certain segment of recreational divers, the Geo Air may actually be better for them than the Peregrine anyway. Being rechargeable, the Peregrine should not just be used for a week and then stored away somewhere for 50 weeks until next year's vacation. That's a good recipe for ending up with a battery so dead it has be sent off for replacement. In comparison, that is perfectly fine for a Geo Air.

Seeing all this info compiled just reinforces my opinion that we should also carry the Geo Air.

Thanks @stuartv

As you know, I dive 2 AI computers, a 13 year old Oceanic VT3 and a Teric. Teric 8 will arrive tomorrow from Dive-Tronix.

I like diving with 2 AI computers running off a single PPS transmitter. I keep preparing for the day that my VT3 finally dies. I'm still waiting for a less expensive computer running Buhlmann and compatible with a PPS transmitter.

The Geo Air utilizes a liberal algorithm, DSAT, and a moderate algorithm, PZ+ that run reasonably similar to a GF high of 95 or 85.

This is great, @scubadada, thanks for compiling this. One more computer for your list -- Oceanic VTX. It has color screen, AI, runs DSAT/PZ+, and is comparable in price to the other Oceanic DC's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom