Alleged censorship on ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very thoughtful of you.

Do you smoke while you eat whale meat?

I may have to start clubbing baby seals while driving drunk if Greenpeace and MADD start playing the Hitler card.

See also sar-chasm - the gulf between posted comments and the reader's ability to get the point.

Volker, you still slay me! "Nazi"? WTF? Such usage gets your ticket pulled even in the heydey of rec.scuba. Not to mention that the "rules" here keep the rest of us from taking you on. "Grow up" is right. Sheesh.

I may have to start clubbing baby seals while driving drunk if Greenpeace and MADD start playing the Hitler card.

As long as you don't club octopi in the PNW you'll be OK on ScubaBoard.

• I could go on, but this is a scuba site, not what is wrong with the US Government and Culture.

Thanks. I didn't want to have to hear about 9/11 being a controlled demolition, a missile hitting the Pentagon, a secret military facility under Dulce, NM with captured aliens in it, a rogue planet called Niburu that will fly by Earth and kick our planet out of it's orbit around the sun, or how half our politicians are actually our Reptilian overlords here to take us over while the little grey aliens make their attempt at galactic peace.

Volker, you still slay me! "Nazi"? WTF? Such usage gets your ticket pulled even in the heydey of rec.scuba. Not to mention that the "rules" here keep the rest of us from taking you on. "Grow up" is right. Sheesh.

As much as I hate the Nazi's for what they did in the late 30's and the 40's.....I took a course on Nazi Propaganda as one Sociology elective in college ( one of my degrees was Sociology)....You would be shocked to hear how much of what the US does today, exceeds much of what the Nazi regime demanded of it's people. If you could eliminate the ONE issue virtually all people consider when they hear about the Nazi's, the Holocaust, ( it definately happened--but just remove this from the equation, and look at--- the culture , the News and Propaganda Machine, and the way the populace "would have their papers checked" etc....was this the TSA??? ) the point is, the destruction of freedoms in the name of protection of the public....and the skill in News Creation and Spinning, were very major components of what remained and was different than other countries at the time. It all began with little steps, and it slowly became bigger. The changes in freedoms happened so slowly, they were barely noticed, and welcomed because they had been convinced by the News that they were in grave danger, and the country was fighting for it's life.

How can you not see the similarities? Sure the US has never killed off an indigenous people,,,,,I mean, except for wiping out the American Indians, but that doesn't count, of course.... So in this Century, of course we have never committed genocide. Right?

The irony of calling me 'uncivil' while personally attacking me.
Where was the alleged attack? In what form did it take? I didn't call you a name or threaten you in any manner. I did profess my opinion that you are one of the most uncivil posters here on ScubaBoard. I couched it in the nicest words possible with the utmost respect. Does that statement seem to be an attack to you? It's as much an attack as suggesting that ScubaBoard and I are guilty of censorship. Sure, it's a negative statement, but it's not an attack. We can disagree and be civil about it. We can dislike each other and be civil about it. Now, if I were to go in a thread about fins and complain bitterly that you were going to come in at any moment and be mean to us, then not only would I be taking the thread off topic, but I would be inciting a fight. That's precisely what Dan did. That's also what you do as well.

Do you want to complain about me or ScubaBoard? Blurt it out right here in Site Support. Mods aren't allowed to moderate anything negative said about me or ScubaBoard. It doesn't matter how virulent or off base you get, but we do ask that you express it in the proper forum. Want to call me a name? Go for it. That's allowed in spite of all the rules. Want to call Dan a name like Stroke? We're not going to let it stand. Now, you can question Dan's Scuba practices even to the point of telling us you think he is unsafe. That's not name calling, but a part of a discussion. Hopefully, you can back up your view points or a number of people, including myself, will suggest that you are wrong. Keep repeating the same message over and over and we will ask you to refrain from stalking Dan. Harassment should never be a part of the ScubaBoard experience, no matter how deserving you think it might be. As for not allowing you to stalk to my friends, hell most of the people here on ScubaBoard are just that. We have a couple of malcontents like you who think I should be kissing your butt, but other than that I am on friendly terms with most ScubaBoardians. If I don't allow you to harass my non-friends, why should I allow you to harass my friends? Just because you're Chrpai? Get a grip. The rules for civility apply to you when it comes to everyone. You don't get an exception just because they are my friends. I don't care how much you despise me, that doesn't give you the right to be mean.

Just in case you missed it, here's a link to rec.scuba: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rec.scuba It's a no holds barred kind of place that makes our Pub look ultra civilized.

Volker! Focus dude! This is a moderated scuba message board, not a conspiracy. Go get your tinfoil hat on now. Remember you have to save yourself before you can save others.

On the other hand, I'm sure your overall views will be most welcome in the Pub.

Sure the US has never killed off an indigenous people,,,,,I mean, except for wiping out the American Indians, but that doesn't count, of course....

Come to New Mexico. They're still around.

Um, I was on Rec.Scuba some 13 years ago before you joined this board. Come to think about it, I was on this board before you took it over from King Neptune.

Calling me an uncivil malcontempt is attacking? I don't want my butt kissed around here.

You want the truth? I'm sure you are a nice guy. Heck I've meant to meet you one day for years.... I've seen you make statements that suggest you want to be a change agent in the industry but then when I see you get upset you act just like the rest of them. You have some really great lines that I like such as the "if they don't teach it, sell, dive it.... it sucks" and then a couple days later I'll see you go off someone and do the same stuff that you say you hate.

Anyways, I know it's hopeless to think you'll see what I'm talking about so whatever. I don't care. I tried to believe, tried to support, even gave money... but then I realized I was hopelessly mistaken and asked for a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom